Founded in 1866, Harlequins is one of the oldest Rugby
Clubs in England and their iconic shirt and brand is one of the most
recognised global brands in sport. They are currently enjoying huge success
on the pitch and sit at the top of the Aviva premiership table, have a
number of key players in the revitalised England team, and can boast having
the England captain in their squad.
As a result, Quins have recently announced the implementation of a new
management restructure to strengthen its resources and capitalise on
current and future commercial opportunities and to ensure their long term
sustainability. This involves the introduction of a number of new positions
across the Commercial and Administrative team, from executive through to
director level placements.
The Media & PR Manager will be charged with creating and implementing
media and PR strategies for the Club through the operation of an effective
media and PR service to acceptable professional standards.
- Create and deliver synchronised PR strategies across all media
platforms, both online and offline
- Support the development of the Club’s marketing and communication
- Act as the key contact for the Club in relation to media and PR
matters, attending club/partner meetings as required
- Create and source content for use across the Club’s programmes
- Ensure the Club’s media obligations to tournament organisers,
campaign objectives expectations are always met.
- Manage relationships with specialist, external consultants/suppliers to
- Responsible for day-to-day liaison with media, responding in a timely
manner to all media enquiries
- Ensure effective monitoring is in place at all times and media results
logged, analysed and regularly reported on
- Manage the club’s press launches, photocalls and media events
Skills & Experience Required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate about sport - rugby in particular
- Good and relevant media contact list
- Significant experience in PR
- Experience of managing staff and budgets
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
Applications must be submitted via the Apply Now button below.