Partnerships Executive – Golf Australia
Golf Australia, is the National Sporting Organisation overseeing golf in Australia. Our primary objective is to increase participation in golf across Australia from grass roots to the elite level. Key responsibilities incorporate managing a full calendar of national championships and the Australian Opens as well as Rules and Handicapping for more than 400,000 club golfers.
Golf Australia is currently seeking to recruit a Partnerships Executive based in Melbourne. Reporting to the Commercial Director you, will assist in the maximisation of commercial revenue streams through effective delivery of contracted sponsorship benefits and events to ensure sponsor retention.
Purpose of Role:
To manage the sponsorship deliverables across all Golf Australia commercial partnerships to ensure sponsor retention.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Management of annual sponsor engagement across all Golf Australia assets, developing and implementing marketing and communication initiatives to leverage major sponsorships;
- Liaison between partners, internal marketing manager and external agencies to deliver PR, marketing and photography briefs to achieve partner objectives and deliver on sponsorship programs
- Execution of all ISPS Handa Women’s Australian Open sponsorship deliverables, liaising with both internal and external stakeholders, working collaboratively to achieve campaign objectives within the golf landscape
- End to end event management (planning through to event sales) of ISPS Handa Women’s Australian Open corporate hospitality offerings; daily corporate luncheons, Ladies’ Member Breakfast, Pro-Am, Super Monday and VIP sponsor dinner experiences during tournament week
- Management of small scale corporate events including an annual VIP Partners Tour golf getaway and liaising with international partners to implement an annual 2-week golf program in Australia
- Detailed tracking of sponsorship investment benefits including the maintenance of benefits delivery registers and campaign analytics to compile annual partner reports
- Coordination of daily corporate hospitality functions at the Emirates Men’s Australian Open
- Integration with the Golf Australia High Performance department to manage sponsors integration within elite development pathways
- Liaise with state associations to ensure contracted benefits are delivered at the state level
- Other tasks as directed by the Director – Commercial
Knowledge, skills and behaviours required:
- Proven success (with a minimum of 3 years) in a sponsorship servicing related role, including securing of corporate hospitality clients;
- Key relationship building skills, and account management skills;
- Negotiation, facilitation and presentation skills;
- Proficient computer/IT skills- Adobe Creative Suite preferred but not required;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and make sound decisions;
- Ability to work independently, with judgment to escalate and seek guidance where necessary; and
- A tertiary qualification in the business, communication, marketing, recreation or sport management field.
SRi is the leading firm dedicated to the constant and growing demand for executive and management talent in sports, media and entertainment. Our expert advisers provide search and consulting services operating as a global team, combining deep sector knowledge with world-class and cutting-edge talent acquisition and management practice.
With offices in Australia, Canada, China, Germany, Singapore, Switzerland, the UK, and the USA, we are the largest search firm specialising in sports, media and entertainment.
Please contact Josie Lahey, email@example.com for further information.
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Resumes and detailed cover letters must be sent in Word format
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.