The Account Manager’s primary responsibility will be to forge partnerships with strong brands, charities and corporates, delivering sponsorship activations that meet the needs of our sponsors and partners, ensuring that they continue to renew their sponsorships on our events year after year. This role will be involve a mix of Event Title Sponsors, Group-wide Sponsors and Corporate Events.
There will also be an element of assisting the New Business Director to bring in new sponsors into the business from contributing in a ‘pitch’ meeting or by providing information for that meeting.
- To be a key member of the Partnership Team dealing with the day-to-day management of partners, both from a commercial and a charity perspective.
- To arrange and attend meetings with partners to understand partner objectives (whether they be brand awareness, data capture, education or something else), build relationships and to develop suitable activations to meet these objectives.
- To attend ‘pitch’ meetings in conjunction with other members of the business to bring new sponsors into the business.
- To be responsible for renewals of current partners that they look after.
- To collate commercially relevant post-event information for reporting to key commercial partners that considers the ROI for the sponsor from a reach and media value perspective.
- To deliver the operational elements of sponsorship activation e.g. creation / delivery of branding.
- To attend some weekend events as a representative of the commercial team and to carry out relevant duties within that event.
Skills & Experience
- At least 3 years account management experience either at senior account executive or account management level.
- Previous work experience or passion within a sports environment would be an advantage.
- Previous agency experience would be beneficial but not essential to the role.
- Understanding of social media and its role in sponsorship marketing.
- Understanding of the role of data in sponsorship marketing.
- Understanding of the role content has in communication.
- Commercially sound with an appreciation for budgets.
- Good organisational skills and time-management skills.
- A good understanding and knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes such as Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Interact courteously and effectively with partners, participants and staff.
- Exercise good judgment, flexibility, creativity, and sensitivity in response to changing situations and needs.
- Establish, maintain, and foster positive and harmonious working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Passion – our number one priority
- Goes the extra mile
- Creative thinker
- Ability to work with efficiency, flexibility, and good humour
- Team player, resourceful and with an ability to work using own initiative
- Full clean driving licence would be highly beneficial to the role, but not essential.
- Willing and able to work a certain number of weekends across the year.
Interested candidates should send a CV and cover letter via the Apply button.
Due to the volume of applications we receive only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.