Creative Artists Agency (CAA) is the world’s leading entertainment and sports agency, with offices in Los Angeles, New York, Nashville, London and Beijing. Founded in 1975, CAA represents many of the most successful professionals working in film, television, music, theatre, video games, sport, and digital content, and provides a range of strategic marketing and consulting services to corporate clients.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Account Manager to join our Client Servicing team to work on two high profile social purpose accounts in the toy and automotive categories.
As a key member of our Client Servicing team we are looking for an outgoing individual who is enthusiastic, highly motivated and has experience delivering successful activation programmes.
You will have solid activation account experience with a passion for sponsorship coupled with exceptional organisational skills, ability to multi-task and a real eye for detail.
The successful candidate will be leading the Hot Wheels Nico Rosberg European programme activation through the brand’s 50th anniversary year and beyond and be joining the team activating Land Rover’s Red Cross Global Awareness campaign.
The campaign will;
- Utilise the partnership’s strong heritage, community links and future aspirations around technology for good to align with Land Rover’s 70th Anniversary celebrations throughout 2018
- Create global assets that build an emotional connection and engage customers, employees and conquest audience
- Support Red Cross’ ambition to increase its volunteering network & JLR’s objective to encourage employee volunteering
As an Account Manager, you are tasked with the management of sponsorship activations, specifically driving forward activation of the Hot Wheels Nico Rosberg partnership across Europe and Land Rover’s Red Cross Global Awareness campaign.
- Own client relationship with Mattel Europe, Nico Rosberg management team, Land Rover sponsorship team and Red Cross commercial team
- Provide day-to-day contact, managing the relationship and expectations in accordance with agency philosophy and client expectations on communication
- Partnership rights management, idea generation and content & asset production team management
- Lead Hot Wheels in-market events in UK, Germany and France, PR assets, social strategy and influencer engagement
- Manage events and ambassadors, ensuring timely, consistent and appropriate briefings to client and property stakeholders for approvals and logistical arrangements
- Delivers all necessary client reporting on performance of activation, including monthly & quarterly updates
- Run activation budget on behalf of clients, adhering to Mattel and Land Rover policies and processes
- Build comprehensive understanding of overall Mattel and Land Rover sponsorship portfolio, the role they play in the success of the respective businesses and the specific contribution Hot Wheels and Red Cross makes to this
- Management of an account executive
- Work with rights holder & client activation teams to ensure delivery of flawless activation
- Manage and represents clients onsite
- Builds full knowledge of agency’s offerings, mission and vision
- Develops working understanding of agency tools and processes (including, but not limited to finance systems, internal reporting calendars, creative services, brief writing and project tracking)
- Establishes effective relationships across agency multi-disciplinary teams (e.g. Sales, Events, Creative, PR, Finance)
- Learns agency structure and functions, and uses resources appropriately and efficiently to the mutual benefit of the agency and client
- Takes management responsibility for any direct reports (as determined by team structure) setting clear performance parameters and providing day to day mentoring
- Responsible for end-to-end activation programmes for existing and new sponsorships / brand activity
- Directs and manages relationships with key vendors including oversight of supplier set up, briefing, reconciliation and payment in line with agency and client process
- Maintains project documentation, including but not limited to status reports, meeting and call notes ensuring capture of context, agreed actions, ownership and due dates and distributes to relevant parties; or manages Account Executive to do the same
- Compiles budgets and manages those budgets to project end, including reconciliation process in line with agency standards, or manages Account Executive to do the same
- Ensures necessary reporting measures are in place to allow tracking of programme performance and consistent monthly reporting
- Challenges the status quo – identifying and recommending improvements in established client / project processes
- Builds thorough understanding of clients’ business internally and externally to inform the “why” as well as the “what” we do
- Builds effective relationships that support in a collaborative agency / client dynamic and yield opportunity for growth
Qualifications & Skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with clients, rights holders, suppliers and agency colleagues
- Comfortable taking a leadership position with clients and colleagues at all levels
- Clear understanding of role of sponsorship and media in the broader marketing mix
- Ability to tailor communications and style to different stakeholders and personality types
- Ability to juggle a number of projects and tasks simultaneously and consistently deliver high quality work to tight deadlines and when under pressure
- Knowledge and interest in the sports industry
- Experience working on social purpose brand campaigns is useful but not essential
- Strong organisation and time management skills, with excellent attention to detail
- Strong presentation skills
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Strong IT skills including Office, Excel & PowerPoint
- Polished, professional demeanor, projects confidence and enthusiasm for the business
- Creative background useful, but not essential
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.