Account Manager, Sponsorship and Events – Innocean Australia
Purpose of Role
Day-to-day account lead on multiple key projects within the Sponsorship and Events team. The Account Manager is expected to deliver outstanding client service across designated account/s, both individually and through the sponsorship and events team.
This person has experience and passion for many marketing disciplines but in particular excels at experiential and event management. They will be relied upon to work across all key projects involving an experiential / activation element along with key events and conference production for the clients. Working alongside the Senior Account Director, and the Hyundai and Genesis sponsorship team this person is expected to be able to drive creative conversations and deliver great work on a day-to-day basis.
- Oversees the workflow on the clients and projects for which they are the lead
- Ensures that each team member has the support required to enable them to effectively carry out their role
- Works across the agency with other departments to manage resource and project delivery – including creative, studio, digital and business management
- Develops and maintains a close and open rapport with clients resulting in a business partnership approach
- Runs the client account based on an understanding of the requirements of both businesses, particularly with regard to business objectives, budgets and timings
- Offers strategic and creative recommendations to the client on the direction of their account
- Is the contact point for the client should any problems arise either in the running of the account or on any particular project/campaign.
- Ensures that the team is meeting client service requirements
- Liaises closely with SAD and other senior team members for account direction and/or troubleshooting
- Always demonstrates expertise and passion for experiential marketing, event management and production
Sponsorship and experiential Skills
- Experiened in delivery of events and activations for clients
- Brings with them a strong network of suppliers in Sydney and Melbourne who are trusted to deliver across all potential elements of work – including builders, designers, theming, tech, A/V, staffing
- Experience of managing conferences and launch events
Income and Profitability/ Billing and Estimating
- Maximising account margins, revenue and sales against business objectives and financial targets
- Ensures that the E&S team understands the financial process and importance of profitability
- Ensuring that outstanding invoices, late payments are followed up with the client and paid. Ensure suppliers are paid in a timely fashion
- Manages teams’ cost estimating process and able to resolve client queries on invoicing and estimates
This role is anticipated to work across 2 of Innocean’s main accounts – Hyundai and Genesis. The projects for which the person is responsible will primarily be those with an experiential or events element working alongside other members of the events and sponsorship team. The expected split, based on current scope of work, is approximately 40% Hyundai and 60% Genesis.
– Hyundai: Hyundai A-League, Sculptures By the Sea
– Genesis: Major Brand Launch Event; Australian Open Golf
– Ad hoc experiential elements to model launch campaigns (ie. Consumer activations, dealer/test drive events)
– Production elements of National Dealer Meetings and key national events (working alongside contracted suppliers in A/V production, travel and logistics etc.)
Qualifications, Skills, Experience
- Graduate preferably or relevant industry experience
- Minimum of 3 years client service background – experiential / events / sponsorship
- Experiential focus but with a broad understanding of wider marketing including advertising, PR, DM, digital, social
- Understanding of a Creative agency environment
- Good general business acumen understanding
- Well developed communication skills – both oral and written
- Proven experience in presenting
- The ability to develop high trust relationships – both client and internal
- Leadership and people management skills
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia will be considered.