Acquisitions Manager – beIN Media
beIN Media are a global sports and entertainment media group responsible for TV production, distribution and media rights acquisition. They broadcast 60 channels across 5 continents within 43 countries and in 7 different languages, bringing unrivalled sport action and major international events, to dozens of millions of viewers around the world.
Reporting to, and working closely with the Senior Commercial Manager, you will be responsible for executing all facets of the content acquisition plan on a global basis in line with the content strategy for each region. Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Work with the local op-co’s to develop the regional content strategy based on performance data, analytics and local market intelligence
- Identify key content for acquisition, including the creation and maintenance of future looking timelines for long term targets
- Work closely with the research and analytics to assess content and providing standardised acquisition valuations and recommendations to senior management based on performance and analytics
- Negotiate the commercial aspects of contracts with international sports rights holders
- Develop first class relationship management with major rights holders, federations and agencies
- Produce and present, both internally and externally, quarterly, bi-annual and annual reports for major accounts.
- Lead and facilitate collaboration with and between international offices, disseminating information, creating cross-regional working groups
- Bespoke content projects and reports as requested by Senior Management from time to time
- Oversee the day to day acquisition offers process and supporting databases (to be managed by the acquisition executive) to ensure it is fit for purpose as the business develops.
- A minimum of 5 years prior experience of the sports broadcast rights industry
- Demonstrated experience of successfully working in international markets
- Established contacts and relationships within the commercial sports industry
- A strong working knowledge of contractual negotiation
- Good understanding of the digital TV landscape and emerging technologies
- Experience in working within teams to collectively deliver exceptional results
- Excellent time management skills with an ability to work to strict deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Comfortable in use and manipulation of Excel and Powerpoint
- Fluency in English plus one other major language an advantage
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.