Junior Tennis Team Lead – ITF
The International Tennis Federation (ITF) is the world governing body of tennis. With its main office in Roehampton, it is one of the few truly global sports with 205 member nations. Its key objectives are to:
- grow and develop the sport worldwide
- develop the game at all levels and all players
- promote its International Team and Individual events throughout the World
- ensure that the rules and integrity of the game are upheld at all times
Its main commercial activity is the organisation of the International Team competitions within tennis -The Davis Cup and Fed Cup, but also the management of tournaments below the ATP and WTA tour level and also the general administration of the game and communication.
- Work with the Manager to manage ITF Junior Tennis activities, primarily the ITF Junior Circuit.
- Work with the Manager to facilitate the implementation of agreed strategies for Junior Tennis activities and liaise with relevant Committees, governing bodies and the Junior Tennis community as required.
- Manage, develop and monitor the day-to-day operation of the ITF Junior Circuit, including but not limited to: ensuring that the Calendar is published on time and that any issues are resolved or escalated to the Manager if necessary; ensuring all fact sheets are received and published in a timely manner; ensuring all email queries are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Monitor, uphold and implement the Junior Tennis Regulations and Code of Conduct. Coordinate any Major Offence or Player Welfare investigations and Internal Adjudication Panel appeals, ensuring that the Manager and other relevant people receive accurate and detailed files.
- Monitor the implementation of the ITF’s security procedures for Junior Circuit and Team Competition events.
- Assist the Manager with setting department budgets: Junior Circuit, World Junior Tennis and Junior Davis Cup/Fed Cup. Monitor all department budgets on a regular basis.
- Assist the Manager with the development and maintenance of the ITF Junior Education programme.
- Assist the Manager to monitor, develop, support and appraise department personnel, providing leadership, guidance, interpretation and implementation of strategy and ongoing review of performance.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with external authorities (Grand Slams, Regional and National Associations) to ensure the ITF’s junior interests are professionally represented.
- Work with other ITF departments and personnel, including but not limited to:
- Legal – to provide consultative briefings relevant to the Regulations, Code of Conduct, Eligibility and other issues as required;
- Development – to work on the junior team competition qualifying events and Development funded Junior Circuit tournaments;
- ICT – to ensure efficient and effective systems are implemented for players, National Associations and for internal administration;
- Finance – to ensure efficient and effective budgeting and collection of monies due.
- Coordinate with the Manager and Executive Director to ensure the ITF Junior Committee is properly informed and Help implement the strategic and operational goals set by the Committee.
- Contribute to the overall strategy of the ITF through the preparation and presentation of strategy documents to Committees and the Board, as requested.
- Take responsibility for all arrangements for Committee meetings, including travel, accommodation, catering, expenses and the writing and distribution of minutes.
- Undertake other responsibilities and projects as required.
Qualifications & Skills
- The post-holder is expected to demonstrate excellent organisational and administration skills.
- Effective interpersonal, communication (both written and oral) and supervisory skills are important, as are project management, leadership and the ability to manage relationships within a team and aid personal development of staff members.
- Knowledge and experience of tennis would be beneficial.
- Applicants should be fluent in both written and spoken English; additional European language(s), particularly Spanish, are desirable but not essential.
- Lunch is provided by the ITF (up to £7 per day) at on-site facilities 25 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays
- Private healthcare, group personal pension scheme and life assurance
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.