National Account Manager – Softgoods – Amer Sports
Amer Sports Australia is member of the Amer Sports Group which is a global sporting goods company with a portfolio of internationally recognised brands including Wilson, Salomon, Atomic, Arc’teryx, Suunto and Precor. The company is located in the south of Melbourne and is currently going through an exciting transformation phase. You will join a dynamic and innovative team that is actively driving this business transformation.
To achieve sustainable and profitable brand growth for Salomon & Arc’teryx and Suunto through the delivery of a winning strategy within the Softgoods ‘Clicks & Mortar’ channel and a core focus on delivering an exceptional consumer experience.
General Purpose of the Job
- Full responsibility for the management of allocated National Accounts across the brand portfolio.
- Account management of strategic accounts supporting the Strategic Account Director for the Softgoods portfolio.
- Delivering profitable sales growth across the Amer Sports business with a focus on the business fundamentals: Be Found Online/Win with Winning Accounts/Accelerate B2C/Exceptional Consumer Experience
Main Responsibility Areas
- Achievement of annual Amer Sports category sales & profit plan with the assigned accounts.
- Drives outstanding category door growth. Analysis and maximises distribution at an individual article and size level.
- Maximises in store availability for the consumer of Amer Sports brands.
- Annual, seasonal & monthly budgets & forecasts by account.
- Knows his/her categories, processes and systems within allocated accounts to an outstanding level.
- Maximises points of contact and influence: e.g. Key category decision makers, product buyers, merchandisers, allocators, marketing teams, E-com, staff training teams.
- Works closely with the Commercial Manager and others in the Amer Sports organisation to develop programs and channel right product ranges that uniquely build Amer Sports’ ability to succeed with those strategic accounts
- Performs sell in activities including pre-lining, seasonal business planning, range presentations, indent placements, order validation (check phasing, discount, volumes, product codes) and co-ordination of customer information requirements.
- Drive sell-through via face-to-face pre-order book management, analysis and monitoring of sell-out data, identification of re-order & new category opportunities.
- Work’s with ASA Sales operations to deliver the agreed inventory metrics for the customer & Amer Sports.
- Liaison with key customer contacts regarding supply where necessary and the communication of agree VAS requirements into Amer organisation.
- Accountable for instore & online presentation excellence for each National Account’s ‘clicks & mortar’ business to ensure we deliver an exceptional consumer experience & drive sell through
- Accountable for online presentation excellence for each National Account’s ‘Etail’ business to ensure we deliver an exceptional consumer experience & drive sell through
- Accountable for identifying, planning & executing with the Marketing Executive budgeted trade marketing plans.
- Knows all facets of their customer and their customer’s consumer.
- Influencing channel right assortment and pricing.
- Joint business planning recommendations for allocated accounts.
- Cross-functional GTM process optimisation.
- Operates within approved budgets, policies and brand standards.
Qualifications & Skills
- Relevant experience in sales, including marketplace development, account management and effective negotiation skills.
- Specialist Softgoods outdoor ‘clicks & mortar’ & etail channels.
- Retail, Lifestyle, Sporting Goods or FMCG background.
- Proven account management and exceptional customer service skills on a National level managing ‘Big Box’ accounts.
- A clear understanding of how the consumer operates in an Omni Channel environment.
- Preferred Bachelor or above from well-established universities. This however is not an essential requirement.
- Relevant Sales Training an advantage.
SRi is a global executive search and consulting firm focused on sport, media, entertainment and technology.
We work as one partner-led team with staff based in key global markets across eleven offices on four continents. We offer dedicated and specific sector, function and region expertise. Our services include executive search, board assessment, succession planning, salary benchmarking, advising clients on their internal and external hiring strategy, new market entry and multi-vacancy projects.
Please contact Josie Lahey email@example.com or on 0478 803 255 for further information.
How to Apply
To apply, the candidates should send the following:
Letter of application highlighting relevant experience
Up to date curriculum vitae in Word format
The closing date of applications is Sunday 18th November 2018
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.
Only those candidates with the right to work in Australia please apply.