Guest Engagement Director
- Looking for a Guest Engagement Director with strong experience in ticketing and hospitality management and guest communications to lead our Guest Engagement division
- The Guest Engagement Director role reports into the Managing Partner and works within a designated revenue stream that contribute to the success of the wider business
- The successful candidate will lead a guest engagement team with overall responsibility for the delivery of ticketing and hospitality services and systems across two of the largest sponsorships in the industry
- The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of the day to day workings of a progressive and forward thinking agency environment and will be able to demonstrate a clear appreciation of how hospitality and ticketing programme delivery can help leverage a sponsorship and engage with key stakeholders
- They will be responsible on a day to day basis for managing a team of 4
The role is to collaborate with senior and junior staff within the team to
- Help Drive growth
- Contribute to the overall performance of the entire business by helping the designated revenue stream achieve forecast within the revenue streams allocated to me, and also helping to diversify the client portfolio as directed by the Managing Partner
- Ensuring my reports are commercially focused and engaged
- Maintain and develop client and prospect relationships
- Proactive and measurable input into the new business function by helping to grow the business of the client portfolios I work within.
- As directed by the MP, ensure myself and my colleagues in the GE team I work in maintain process and client-communication initiatives.
- Drive performance of my reports in terms of:
- Ensuring my reports are instrumental in helping me to meet the forecast of my client portfolio
- As directed by the MP, help to maintain and develop relationships and process initiatives for effective integration of my team’s expertise into group services.
- Setting and measuring my report’s personal best objectives and that they are clear on the business’s expectations of them
- Ensuring delivery of high quality, measurable, effective work in my client portfolio
- Be aware of, and collaborate with the production/ innovation leads as directed by the MP in regard to:
- Ensuring delivery partners are maintaining high standards in regard to my client projects
- Ensuring the GP margin is protected on my client projects
- Maintain and improve the culture of my team
- Contribute to and support process initiatives into the team to improve the day-to-day operations within my area of responsibility
- Ensure my reports are meeting personal best objectives and that my reports and I are invested in CPD
- Help the MP to develop and participate in initiatives to ensure team engagement and commitment
- Ensure our values are to the fore in the day-to-day operations of the business.
- Input into business support functions: Finance, Insight, Marcomms, Legal & Commercial
- Help the MP to maintain and develop relationships and process initiatives to improve agility of our operations and interfaces with these function
- Ensure that I am compliant with all group legal directives and guidelines in regard to my day-to-day business operations. Ensure the same of my reports
The successful candidate will be expected to support the client-facing team in a number of roles, including:
- Leadership of the team to deliver guest engagement systems
- Consultancy to clients/client teams on accounts
- Senior point of contact for data management system and website design suppliers
- Budget creation for data management systems / internal portal systems & other guest communications related work including printed collateral
- Design and develop plan for internal portal sites and guest management systems – including guest handling procedures
- Guest communications strategy development and delivery
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the package allocations, subsidiary contacts and the processing of all data required
- Oversee build phases of data management systems and implement processes for invitations and communications campaigns
- Managing and overseeing website design and production
- System reporting as and when required for all projects
- Management of the system and supplier relationships as a senior point of contact
- Client management in relation to the system and their guest management
- Additional operational support where required within the project team – including providing daily reports required to support with operational planning i.e. guest arrival/departure manifests, hotel room requirements, Food & Beverage, ticketing etc.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Maintaining a very high level of knowledge of the sponsorship/marketing industry.
- Helping the team with New Business pitches, producing documents and client presentations
- Assisting in the development of creative ideas, undertaking research as requested to ensure they are possible to implement within specific parameters and budget.
QUALITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Self-starter, focussed, self-motivated and ambitious
- Over 8 years’ experience in the guest engagement/T&H sector
- Excellent knowledge of the sponsorship industry
- Experience in football sponsorship activation
- Problem solving abilities
- Good organisational skills
- Culturally aware
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop compelling presentations and communications plans
- Ability to effectively speak/present in public
- Comfortable with finance, spread sheets and numbers
- Sales instinct – able to spot an opportunity and act on it
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.