Assistant Group Operations Director – Arena Racing Company
This role is to support the Group Operations Director across all business critical areas as requested. The incumbent is required to deliver sustainable growth through enhanced revenue generation, improved service delivery, fully integrated in house catering, cost savings and through maximising commercial opportunities across the Group.
- To assist and deliver our ARC business and ensure the racecourses in your remit deliver their EBITDA contribution each year.
- To support any underperforming sites in your remit to include Sales – Racing and Non Racing, Marketing, Catering, revenue generating promotions, working with the finance team to review and highlight areas of opportunity in Racing and Operations.
- Provide leadership for the company’s racecourse teams with a focus on growth, value creation and profitability
- To evaluate and continually monitor the performance of our Racecourse Executive Directors and offer support and guidance as necessary.
- To liaise with the central support team (Operations Director, Racing Director, Partnerships Director, Group H&S Manager, HR Director) to ensure they are constantly supporting and adding value to racecourses.
- Ensure strong communication between central support team and racecourse teams through regular and effective meetings, forums and written correspondence.
- To work closely with the Regional HR Managers to ensure that ARC is recruiting, developing and training its racecourse teams to enhance the quality of our people.
- Work closely with the ARC Group H&S Manager to ensure that relationships with SAG groups, local authorities and the groups Insurers for racecourses within your own area is strong, that any risk across our business is minimised and that we are constantly learning and improving in this area.
- As a key member of the executive team work closely with the Operations Director on broader strategy and commercial issues.
- In conjunction with the Head of Property, play a key role in the strategic development of ARC properties including development of existing assets. Support EDs to provide realistic and accurate guidance to the board on the operational aspects of development appraisals, financial models and potential ROI within own area.
- To attend courses to assist and develop delivery of large scale events both for Racing and Non Racing
- Work closely with the Catering & Events Director
- Cover the Operations Director or Catering & Events Director for Racing / Events
- Regularly visit, support and financial reviews of current performance
- To mentor Executive Directors, particularly those who are new in post
- To ensure the group catering strategy is implemented at site and delivers sustainable growth
- To develop, with our retail partners, a long-term retail strategy that delivers sustained growth and provides a customer focused exciting retail solution
- To establish retail brand, presence and offer that is capable of supporting and incorporating all of the venues
- To create a working relationship between all Catering teams to support the key fixture / events throughout the clusters
- To work with the Finance Director – Operations and Racing to create a consistent approach as to how we report and control our Catering Variable Labour, Food and Beverage Cost of Sales
- Maintain a high degree of understanding of the company’s financial and commercial operations
Qualifications & Skills
- Multi site experience or single site with multi-faceted revenue streams
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- Analytical in approach reading, understanding and using P&Ls to drive performance
- Commercial/hotel background a distinct advantage
- Full clean driving licence
- Self motivated
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.