Senior Digital Manager
The Senior Digital Manager is a newly created role within a marketing team that will report to the Head of Marketing. This candidate will manage a small digital communication team to bring our story to life to support revenue growth across ticketing, hospitality, membership, raceday and non-raceday events held at the Australian Turf Club’s (ATC) four racecourses and Rosehill Bowling Club as well as supporting both sponsorship and broadcast partners. Digital Content will be at the heart of our engagement with our audiences. The department works closely with Sales, Operations, Membership, Racing and Sponsorship Departments.
- Develop and implement a coordinated digital strategy that supports revenue growth and clear brand positioning. This will include day-to-day responsibilities for all ATC’s websites, social media channels and intranet.
- Develop original, innovative and effective content responses to support commercial objectives, ensuring ideas are on brand and deliverable. Manage ideation, production, editing, release and channels of distribution of all digital content for use across all of ATC’s channels to support increased awareness, increased engagement, sales growth (through improved acquisition and retention) and improved guest experience for all products (including membership, raceday hospitality, raceday general admission and non-raceday event experiences).
- Help leverage opportunities around racing, fashion, food, lifestyle, family and business strands to support both brand positioning and commercial return. Develop key influencer, media partnership and ambassadorial strategies.
- Ensure a consistent tone-of-voice and brand positioning by approving all digital output.
- Implement effective content management systems including archive and briefing process.
- Work closely with our broadcast partners, Sky and Seven, to ensure that we all effectively maximize content opportunities to support our objectives.
- Oversee every element of the digital customers’ experience across all business functions. Manage the ongoing development of the website, booking portal (with Moshtix), social media channels and intranet.
- Work with the sponsorship team to create, deliver and measure digital content rights.
- Ensure the digital team operates within a robust analytical framework, putting data growth and customer insight at the heart of the business.
- Work closely with the Media Manager to ensure that all content across digital is aligned, where appropriate to our consumer PR objectives and vice versa.
- Work closely with Corporate Communications / Racing Media Manager and racing team to ensure that all appropriate racing messages are integrated into consumer communication plans to build a world-class racing positioning with our ‘social racegoer’ audience while maintaining credibility with ‘racing purists’.
- Manage contracts, delivery and review of rosters of media partners, freelancers (including writers, videographers, editors and photographers) and agencies.
- Ensure ATC TV team support production efforts and that their in-venue output across digital screen network supports brand and sales objectives.
- Support any publishing output including annual Members Magazine.
- Budget management.
In addition to the skills, knowledge, and experience required, the successful candidate must display the following qualities:
- Passion for storytelling and innovation but with analytical mindset, clear strategic thinking and planning.
- Experience of successful digital or content strategy implementation across a business.
- A get up and go attitude and the willingness to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Dynamic, engaging and collaborative team player with a passion for getting the best out of people.
- Commercial savvy. Results driven; thrives on challenges; action orientated and pragmatic in approach.
- Strong understanding of brand.
- Experience in directing, managing content production and distribution of content.
- Ability to create and manage resources and smooth operational processes to engender effective team performance.
- Ability to lead a small team and collaborate as part of a broader cross-function team towards a common goal.
- Proven to work to an agreed budget, managing projects in the most effective way securing maximum value for money at every point.
- Strong understanding of digital analytic tools and metrics.
- Confident interpersonal, presentation and communications skills. Strong influencing skills; persuasive, able to win support and engagement of others.
- Committed to demonstrating the highest professional standards of operation and delivery at all times.
- Organized. Able to balance multiple priorities and remain focused and clear.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, passionate about their work.
- Strong work ethic – persistent, take the initiative and be self-motivated.
- Creative eye.
- Attention to detail.
- Passion for and knowledge of racing preferred.
- 7+ years’ professional experience in consumer facing business. Sports, entertainment, leisure or rights holder experience preferred. Experience of engagement with segmented audiences preferred.
- Experience in what constitutes an exceptional digital customer experience.
- Technical understanding of digital acquisition techniques such as SEM, SEO, CRM, and emerging social targeting tools.
- Technical understanding for best practice in production, editing, and distribution of content
- Able to demonstrate understanding of performance metrics across digital to deliver commercial results.
- Management of a team, third party suppliers and temporary resources.
- Effective and proven budget management.
- Brand management experience
- Excellent copywriter
SRi is the leading firm dedicated to the constant and growing demand for executive and management talent in sports, media and entertainment. Our expert advisers provide search and consulting services operating as a global team, combining deep sector knowledge with world-class and cutting-edge talent acquisition and management practice.
With offices in Australia, Canada, China, Germany, Singapore, Switzerland, the UK, and the USA, we are the largest search firm specialising in sports, media and entertainment.
Please contact James Curtis firstname.lastname@example.org or 0451 942 070 for further information.
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Resumes and detailed cover letters must be sent in Word format.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.