Beach Tennis Manager – ITF
The International Tennis Federation (ITF) is the world governing body of tennis. With its main office in Roehampton, it is one of the few truly global sports with 205 member nations.
Its key objectives are to;
- grow and develop the sport worldwide
- to develop the game at all levels and all players
- to promote its International Team and Individual events throughout the World
- to ensure that the rules and integrity of the game are upheld at all times
Its main commercial activity is the organisation of the International Team competitions within tennis – The Davis Cup and Fed Cup, but also the management of tournaments below the ATP and WTA tour level and also the general administration of the game and communication.
- Manage ITF Beach Tennis activity, including the Beach Tennis World Team Championships, the Beach Tennis Individual Championships and the Beach Tennis Tour.
- Act as co-ordinator between the Senior Executive Director, the Executive Director, the relevant committees, advisory panels and Beach Tennis personnel to facilitate the implementation of the agreed strategy for the activity and associated events.
- Manage, develop and monitor: team members and the day-to-day operation of the Tour and associated team and individual championships; Tour ICT programmes (tournament results, ranking, database, player online entry system); Tour support programmes (player welfare and player education); media and communications tools (website, publicity materials, social media forums etc.); Beach Tennis juniors activity (grow beach tennis worldwide); activity budgets.
- Monitor, uphold and implement the Beach Tennis Regulations and Code of Conduct and the Rules of Beach Tennis.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with external authorities (Regional and National Associations and other external parties) to ensure the ITF’s Beach Tennis interests are professionally represented.
- Monitor, develop and grow Beach Tennis activities and department personnel, providing leadership, guidance, interpretation and implementation of strategy and measuring performance.
- Work with other departments and personnel, including but not limited to:
- Sports Science and Technical – to monitor beach tennis equipment innovation and modification;
- Commercial – to ensure an effective commercial strategy is in place; to assist with the promotion of the activity to prospective sponsors and to provide services to secured partners;
- Legal – to provide consultative briefings relevant to Code of Conduct, Eligibility and other issues as required;
- Communications – to develop and implement an effective media strategy;
- ICT – to ensure efficient and effective systems for players and National Associations;
- Finance – to ensure efficient and effective budgeting and collection of monies due.
Qualifications & Skills
- The post-holder is expected to demonstrate a high level of knowledge, skill and experience across beach tennis, player education, communication and media, internal and external committees, rules and regulations, information technology etc.
- Effective interpersonal, communication and supervisory skills are important, as are project management, leadership and the ability to manage relationships within a team and aid personal development of staff members.
- Applicants should be fluent in both written and spoken English; additional European language(s) are desirable but not essential.
- Lunch is provided by the ITF (up to £7 per day) at on site facilities
- 25 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays
- Private healthcare, group personal pension scheme and life assurance
- Childcare vouchers / ride to work scheme
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.