Business Development Executive – Leicester City Football Club
To generate New Business sales for all hospitality lounges and spaces at the club. To generate hospitality revenue from local and national businesses, as well as individuals, via customer meetings, telephone sales and e-targeting. Ensuring that a highly proactive and professional approach is adhered to all times and sales targets and KPi’s are achieved.
- The primary objective is to secure New Business sales through a professional network of high-level contacts, both local and national, via customer meetings, telephone sales and e-targeting.
- Collaborate with the Hospitality Manager in establishing and recommending the most realistic sales goals for the company.
- Pro-actively seeks new opportunities and grow the existing corporate portfolio/business.
- To provide regular sales reports on activity undertaken to the Hospitality Manager.
- To provide weekly/monthly detailed forecasting on new meetings, potential new business, on a defined basis to the Hospitality Manager.
- To achieve monthly and annual targets and KPI’s set by the Hospitality Manager & HoCO.
- To oversee and support when necessary the Hospitality Business Development Executive.
- To maintain professional customer liaison at all times in respect of the initial contact and subsequent follow-up meetings.
- To ensure that a customer-focused culture is maintained ensuring that the highest standards of customer service are maintained at all times.
- Work alongside the Hospitality Manager and marketing team to create targeted and effective marketing and sales campaigns on an ongoing basis for the club’s various hospitality offerings.
- To sell a programme of non-matchday events for the stadium and for all other club assets.
- To maintain a strict discount level to adhere to an acceptable yield/margin, on all products sold.
- To lead by example promoting a ‘can do’ attitude at all times.
- To liaise with the data marketing team to develop a customer database and ensure this is effectively maintained and mined, to drive sales.
- To maintain detailed knowledge and continually develop the company’s products and services.
- Contribute to the Commercial Department as an active ‘team player’ to drive the success of the team/department.
- To deputise for the Hospitality Manager as and when required.
- To play a key role in the hospitality operation on matchdays.
- To provide assistance, where necessary, to The 1884 Club Account Executive in the day to day management of client accounts.
- To continually aim to be best in class in all our interactions and engagement with any existing or potential customers.
- The employee must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to the Club values and policies and procedures, in particular Health & Safety, Equality and Diversity, Confidentiality, with regard to the Data Protection Act. Ensuring that the club is ethically and professionally represented and that all club guidelines are adhered to.
- To ensure that the Club’s Safe-guarding and Vulnerable Adults policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with this post as determined by the Hospitality Manager or Head of Commercial Operations.
Qualifications & Skills
- An outbound sales specialist with a proven track record of sales across different platforms from initial approach to completion and achieving customer excellence.
- A demonstrable record of consistently achieving targets.
- Proven experience in negotiating at the highest levels and relationship building.
- Ideally demonstrable experience of working in a dynamic sales environment, with an understanding of the hospitality industry.
- A personal network of high-level business, decision-maker and hospitality-purchaser contacts.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines and has a flexible approach to work.
- An excellent team player who works well within a team environment, co-operates with others, considers the needs of others and helps others to achieve objectives (team and personal).
- Be able to communicate and negotiate at all levels, internally and externally.
- Ability to manage himself and develop staff to achieve results.
- A creative thinker, with the ability to use his/her own initiative to develop successful plans and strategies.
- A strategic thinker, able to create and implement short, medium and long-term plans and project manage these to successful completion.
- A highly self-motivated and commercially astute with a proactive approach to the role.
- The ability to be calm, composed and to thrive under pressure with resilience and the ability to maintain professionalism and a calm demeanour at all times.
- Demonstrates honesty, integrity, reliability and the ability to ensure confidentiality at all time.
- Excellent IT skills (including excellent MS Office – word, excel, PowerPoint).
- Thorough knowledge of data usage and data bases.
- Educated to at least A level/similar. A degree would be considered desirable.
- Smart and professional in appearance.
- Interest in football/sports industry is desirable and CPD.
- A full clean driving licence.
Hospitality Manager & The Head of Commercial Operations
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.