Category Manager: Football Apparel – New Balance
- Global Category lead for the Football Apparel GBU – initiate, embed and govern the category strategies aligned to the OGSP.
- Lead the Product Management, Design & Development workstreams & external partnerships to deliver world class Licensed & Non-Licensed Football apparel propositions.
- Establish a rolling 3 year Category strategy that aligns proposition planning, and working model to support the OGSP objectives.
- Provide compelling Seasonal propositions (in conjunction with the Creative Design Mgr) that reflect the BVA and are grounded in our key consumer demographic. Communicate inspirational concept collateral for internal and external stakeholders to drive adoption and alignment.
- Develop & employ a best in class C2C process that aids customer effectiveness and delivers an efficient working model for both external partners and product creation. Support the Development function in aligning disciplines to action against the above.
- Establish OGSP aligned seasonal ‘Category’ strategies to enable all related GBU functions to deliver against.
- Lead the Product Creation function under the guidance of both OGSP and Seasonal strategies (Direct report in to the Senior functional team)
- Establish and coordinate the commercial performance tracking (& Product Performance measures) to ensure OGSP targets are realised with corresponding adjustments where applicable.
- Drive the coordination of all Key Global ‘creation’ touchpoints to ensure best representation and presentation of the Football GBU seasonal propositions.
- Provide top to top guidance of the long term & seasonal sourcing strategies to best support the OGSP plans. Strong working relationship with NB sourcing & Ops network.
- Support the Snr PM in leading process & calendar discipline to ensure both PM, Design and Development work towards an ‘on-time, in full’ mentality for all seasonal propositions.
- Lead/Support the interaction of the Tier 1 assets to ensure NB maxmises the commercial reach and fosters a strong brand:asset relationship.
- Fully aligned coordination of seasonal strategies with Marketing counterparts to ensure seasonal proposition & concept delivery is optimised.
- Develop key communication channels with Global Merchandising counterparts & strategic external customers to drive engagement, adoption & category traction.
- In partnership with the HOP, establish & implement the category Innovation agenda to ensure future NB Football concepts accelerate growth in future seasons.
- Install a Consumer centric approach to ensure relevant insight is captured across concept, design & technology to validate & inform category decision making.
- Alignment & integration with the seasonal Footwear proposition & strategies via the Category Manager to ensure overall GBU impact is maximised & consistent.
- Oversee the Global vendor partnerships to ensure effective, progressive and fit for purpose capability is in service of the OGSP. Provide feedback, context & outline category ambition to ensure the Sourcing operation can effectively service.
Qualifications & Skills
- Previous experience working with performance apparel is essential
- Familiar with Adobe Illustrator software and capable of manipulating .ai files
- Must be organized with high-level project management skills and comfortable in a fast -paced environment.
- Acknowledged as the Consumer expert within the NB Football category.
- Strong Leadership capability and strategic planning acumen
- Analytical & commercial planning experience.
- Excellent communication skills across varying audience types.
- Engaging, inspirational & impactful presentation skills
- High level of communication capability
- Commercially minded
- Decision making ability
- Diplomatic with good influencing and negotiation skills
- Team player
- Domestic and International travel required
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.