Chief Commercial Officer – Gloucester Rugby
Gloucester Rugby, formed in 1873, is regarded as one of Europe’s leading professional rugby clubs. Gloucester Rugby have never been out of the top flight of English Rugby and pride themselves on challenging themselves to deliver success off the pitch as a self-sustainable and forward thinking business.
Overall responsibility for Gloucester Rugby’ revenue generative activities and commercial operations including commercial partnerships, advertising, hospitality (and boxes), retail, ticketing, Kingsholm Stadium and identifying new business opportunities.
As a key member of the Executive Team, define and implement a sound commercial strategy to deliver a step change in Gloucester Rugby’s revenue base and review current processes around all Commercial process, people and practices.
- Oversee all commercial activities for Gloucester Rugby.
- Challenge the Status Quo with regards to current initiatives and practices and provide recommendations to the CEO.
- Develop and implement initiatives to maximise the financial performance of the Club, striving to improve revenues from established sources and ensure new revenue streams are sought and secured.
- Identify and secure relationships with potential partners.
- Drive an outbound sales culture via all customer facing areas such as Ticketing, Corporates, Hospitality and Events.
- Ensure best in class Customer service is at the forefront of all interaction with internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversee all ticketing activities to drive season ticket and match ticket sales, working effectively with Advanced Ticketing as well as the marketing and communications team and external agencies (as required).
- Oversee hospitality and box sales, delivery activity and ensure sustainable revenue growth and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- In conjunction with the Operations team, ensure the continual development plans for the stadium and its surroundings deliver a leading edge world-class stadium to continually improve upon fan and player experience.
- Develop and grow the CRM strategy alongside the Head of Marketing and Communications – to be responsible for the Club’s CRM and data strategy and implementation, ensuring the club is meeting all data protection requirements
- Define and implement a strategy to further leverage Kingsholm Stadium for both Rugby and non-Rugby activity.
- Lead discussion around innovative ways to engage the Community both at Kingsholm Stadium and in the wider Community.
- Lead the initiatives for the funding of strategic club plans, developments and activities in conjunction with the CEO, FD, Commercial Director and ultimately, the Board.
- Act as an ambassador for, and promote the best interests of, Gloucester Rugby at all times
Qualifications & Skills
The successful candidate must demonstrate excellent commercial judgement, creativity, innovation and drive to plan and implement highly effective and revenue-generating commercial strategies.
- Demonstrable success in a high profile, demanding, and fast-paced commercial environment
- Successful experience in people management
- Evidence of sound commercial judgment and decision-making capability
- Experience of managing and developing the club’s CRM processes
- Evidence of delivering against challenging strategic objectives and driving revenue growth.
- Experience in executing/overseeing retail, ticketing and hospitality programmes
- Proven ability to establish a strategic vision for a business and to lead the organisational, management and cultural changes to realise that vision
- Experience in change management with the ability to recommend business improvements
- Confident and articulate communicator with experience as a public spokesperson
Reports To – Chief Executive Officer
Direct Reports – Head of Marketing & Communications, Head of Conferencing and Events, Commercial Director
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.