Chief Financial Officer – Middlesbrough Football Club
Middlesbrough FC are a professional football club based in Teesside with a rich history of Cup and League success and a close connection with the local and regional community.
Chief Financial Officer
The Chief Financial Officer will be responsible for leading all aspects of the finance function at the Club. This is a senior leadership role reporting into the Chief Executive Officer and working closely with the organisation’s senior management team and the Chairman.
- Lead and manage the finance team to ensure the Club meets all its financial obligations
- Work closely with the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Operating Officer to ensure the timely and accurate provision of financial information to support ongoing business operations and provide decision support
- Represent the Club with external stakeholders including football bodies, Auditors, Banking partners, suppliers, commercial partners and the local community agencies
- Ensure the Club’s financial practices are in line with statutory regulations and legislation
- Overall responsibility for delivering monthly / quarterly management accounts, annual audit and statutory accounts
- Work with the senior management team to prepare annual budgets and provide quarterly forecasts
- Manage, update and implement financial policies and procedures
- Lead on financial risk management and mitigation
- Track record of working in a dynamic, forward thinking and proactive finance environment
- A minimum of ten years working in a finance-based leadership role with responsibility for developing a high-performing team, ideally in professional sport
- Ability to communicate effectively and interpret complex financial information so it can be used by range of stakeholders to make informed decisions
Qualifications & Skills
- Degree and a recognised Finance qualification, preferably ACA
- Excellent leadership and team-management skills
- Proven communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good working knowledge of finance-related IT systems
MFC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, disability, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion/belief.
MFC is also committed to the safeguarding of vulnerable groups
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.