Partnership Sales Executive, China – City Football Group
Job Title: Partnership Sales Executive China
Department: City Football Marketing / City Football China
Reports to: Partnership Sales Manager China
Location: Shanghai, China
The Partnership Sales Executive China, will be responsible for driving the acquisition of regional, pan regional and global partners for City Football Group properties from China & Hong Kong in order to underpin continual revenue growth from the region with best in class partners who grow our respective club brands. This role will have to do group sales activities across China & Hong Kong to achieve stretching sales targets whilst working closely with the Head of Partnership Sales APAC and the global CFM sales network to support global success.
- Key work areas include the development of sales presentations and prospect target lists, lead generation, translations, term sheet preparations, initiate sales calls and meetings that help the Sales Manager China and the Partnership Sales APAC department to maximise revenues and profitability for City Football Group properties from China.
- Effectively plan and work towards the achievement of individual and team budget targets as set by the Head of Partnership Sales (APAC) and the VP. Director of Partnerships (APAC).
- Work closely with the other Sales Manager China to ensure consistency of messaging, asset construction, pricing, prospect approach and partnership hierarchy across the broader APAC region and to leverage synergy to drive regional opportunities into pan-regional and/or global partnerships where relevant.
- To have a comprehensive understanding of the market dynamics in China & Hong Kong in order to identify commercial prospects to develop a robust pipeline of partnership prospects in-line with the centrally agreed City Football Marketing (CFM) sales strategy.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships across the sports marketing industry in China, including but not limited to: brands, football clubs, football federations, sports marketing agencies, advertising agencies, Media and PR companies.
- Work closely with the Sales Manager China, Regional Director China, and other staff of City Football China to be aware of in market activities to be used as sales assets.
- Share sales updates constantly on CFG’s CRM platform as well as weekly, bi-weekly & monthly update sessions
- Maintain an excellent understanding of and working relationships with City Football Group operations including City Football Services, City Football Foundation, Group Marketing and others to support their initiatives and activities in China.
- Protecting and enhancing the reputation of City Football Group at all times.
- Compliance with CFG and CFM policies.
- Compliance with the CFG and CFM health and safety procedures.
- To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably expected.
- To maintain professional conduct at all times.
- Fluent in Chinese (speaking & writing), English beneficial but not a must.
- Sophisticated presentation skills in order to articulate CFG story and CFM commercial platform to partners and prospects.
- Strong team ethic and collaborative nature – confident managing multiple stakeholders.
- Well organised with consistent attention to detail.
- Self-sufficient and proactive.
- Creative approach to sales and dogged determination through the sales cycle.
- Flexible and comfortable in a fast-paced working environment.
- Broad commercial acumen.
- Familiarity with regional landscape (culture and business).
- Sound knowledge of the global and regional/local football landscape.
- Familiarity with sports/football sponsorships, effective partnership programmes and/or media and advertising experience
- High-level skills in all aspects of sales prospecting, presentation and contract negotiation.
- Competent in standard Microsoft Programmes (Excel, PowerPoint etc.) and CRM
- Partnership Sales Manager China – direct report
- Head of Partnership Sales (APAC) – critical working relationship to deliver sales from China, exploit networks and relationships to hit targets.
- Regional Director China – Awareness of overall China strategy and in-market activities and plans
- City Football China team members including marketing & football staff, constant communication to be updated on activities
- Head of Partnership Marketing (APAC) – ideation, partner renewals, case study creation.
- Partnership Sales Managers – being aligned on communication, collaboration, consistency of approach, best practice, lead generation.
- Partnership Marketing Managers – collaborate, consistent exchange and assistance on upsell / renewals across the region.
- Business Intelligence & Strategy team members – pipeline development, BI, design.
- Partnership Operations team members – assets, activations, operations.
- Ideation & Strategy team members – ideation, campaign creation, new assets.
- Legal Counsel & Finance – agency agreements and partnership agreements.
- Other CFG members as and when
- Key agencies/agents in respective markets.
- Company owners, CEO’s & CMO’s of prospective & current partners.
- Head of Sponsorship.
- Sponsorship/Marketing Managers.
- Travel agency for trip itinerary
How to Apply
SRi is proud to be the exclusive recruitment partner for this position with City Football Group.
With offices in China, Singapore, UK, Australia, Switzerland, Canada, USA and Germany, SRi is the leading provider of talent to the global sports industry.
For a confidential discussion please contact:
Bo Shang, Researcher, China
M: +86 18910251737 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Zhaolong Liang, Consultant, China
M: +86 17301268683 E: email@example.com