Commercial Media Manager – Victoria Racing Club
Flemington Racecourse is the most distinguished metropolitan racecourse in Australia, with its superb facilities, Flemington hosts 23 race meetings every year, including the world-renown Melbourne Cup Carnival. It is also the home of Australia’s premier racing club, the Victoria Racing Club. The Victoria Racing Club was established in 1864, when it commenced the management of Flemington Racecourse. Governed by a Board of Directors, elected by Members of the Club, the VRC has approximately 30,000 Members, making it the largest Member-based racing club in the world.
As the Club’s Commercial Media Manager your purpose is to drive new revenue and increase existing revenue across the suite of VRC media assets. VRC assets include social media initiatives, bespoke content, LED signage, web assets and broadcast integration packages. Additionally this role will exist to create new assets for Sponsorship to incorporate into sponsorship packages.
- Audit and build out new and existing VRC media assets.
- Value all VRC media inventory.
- Manage social media contracts.
- Commercialise agreed existing media assets across the club.
- Manage external sales agency for non-sponsors sales activity.
- Reporting and budgeting.
- Developing bespoke content across the club capable of being commercialised.
- Work with VRC media partners to develop further revenue generation opportunities.
Experience and Expertise
- Tertiary qualifications in commerce, marketing, business or sports management desirable, with a minimum 4-6 years’ experience in a media, sales, partnerships or business development environment.
- Strong background in social and digital media sales.
- Strong media and agency connections.
- Proven sales record with excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to manage a number of tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrable knowledge of racing, sport or events industries is preferable.
- Demonstrable extensive corporate network and networking ability.
Key Challenges & Complexities of Role
- Evolving technology space.
- Media assets are often difficult to price in market.
- Managing internal expectation regarding creation of an additional tier of corporate partnership.
- Managing existing media partner relations.
- Managing production costs to drive profitability.
- Internal – Head of Media, Commercial Operations team. Sponsorship and Customer Engagement.
- External – Media partners Sponsors, RVL/Racing.com agencies, production, social media partners.
Safety and Risk Standards
- VRC is committed to and responsible for providing employees, contractors and visitors with a healthy and safe environment.
- Employees must ensure they do not put at risk their own health and safety or that of other employees, customers, contractors, patrons, visitors or members of the public in the vicinity of our workplaces.
- Employees who become aware of material adverse information about risk outcomes have a responsibility to communicate the information to the relevant business and risk management personnel for action/escalation.
- Employees must follow health, safety and security procedures, including those concerning the proper use of equipment, training, reporting of incidents and rehabilitation programs at all times.
SRi is a global executive search and consulting firm focused on sport, media, content and technology.
We work as one partner-led team with staff based in key global markets across eleven offices on four continents. We offer dedicated and specific sector, function and region expertise. Our services include executive search, board assessment, succession planning, salary benchmarking, advising clients on their internal and external hiring strategy, new market entry and multi-vacancy projects.
Please contact Josie Lahey firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0478 803 255 for further information.
How to Apply
To apply, you should send the following:
- Letter of application highlighting relevant experience
- Up to date curriculum vitae
- The closing date of applications is Wednesday 22nd August 2018
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.
Only those candidates with the right to work in Australia please apply.