Communications Executive – Motocross & Off-Road Motorcycling – Alpinestars
Established in 1963, Alpinestars has grown into the world-leading manufacturer of motorcycling and auto apparel products, offering high-performance equipment, protection and technical footwear for motorsports and racing’s extreme conditions, and sportswear.
Its involvement in Formula 1, the World Rally Championship, AMA and World Motocross and MotoGP has led to the creation of advanced technical equipment for racing’s top athletes.
Alpinestars’ products are developed by a large international staff with auto racing and motorcycling backgrounds at the company’s laboratories in the U.S. (Los Angeles) and Europe (Asolo, Italy).
To exceed the needs of racers and consumers around the world, Alpinestars utilizes the latest technologies for superior product development.
For those who live and breathe MotoGP racing and Supercross, Formula 1 or Nascar or Mountain biking, Alpinestars sportswear is a reflection of the high-performance athletes who wear it in competition and daily life.
Reporting to the Head of the Communications department the individual will hold responsibility for communicating and representing Alpinestars interests in the world of Motocross market and Off-road motorcycling and where required, on a broader level across Alpinestars communications platforms.
This role incorporates press and media relations – print and digital media, television, radio and social media as well as rights holders, event organizers/promoters, race teams, athlete management/media support, photographers and other publics, as required – corporate and competition PR, delivery of technical information on the company’s products and technology and representation of the company in all forms of communication activity – presentations, events, industry activities and related responsibilities.
To contribute original content for Alpinestars.com and Alpinestars digital/social media platforms both with editorial submissions, topical content – written and photographic/video in line with agreed strategy and procedure.
To handle preparation and delivery of company information for press, industry stakeholders, corporate clients and internal audiences.
Your main responsibilities:
- Developing and managing relationships with endemic motocross and off-road specialists, as well as non-endemic media; editorial departments and journalists, freelance press, bloggers and opinion leaders, celebrities and other entities with interest in Alpinestars products and activities.
- Relationship management of commercial partner’s communication staff, industry partners, rights holders and promoters and other corporate entities to ensure that Alpinestars maintains and develops its relationships in a positive, professional and timely manner.
- Positive messaging of Alpinestars, its technology, products, athletes, activities and associations to further brand development and affinity with all audiences across motorcycling and motorsports.
- Contributing to the development, generation and maintenance of the company communication platforms; Alpinestars Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and chat platforms, alpinestars.com, press information and media packs, corporate communications/presentations and department communications and systems.
- Researching and generating written text for Press Information releases and presentations, company information/corporate presentations and general company documentation.
- Interaction with photographic sources, picture selection and maintenance of relationships with image resources both contracted and non-contracted.
- Delivery of technical and communications presentations to company audiences, internal and external, press and media, industry partner meetings and other audiences as necessary; including, TV, Internet and other broadcast platform interviews and features.
- Support for Alpinestars and partner events; industry meetings, trade and communications events, riding events and race activations.
- Promoting and encouraging improvement in company communication standards, wherever possible.
- Maintaining and promoting the highest standards of general communication, both internally and externally, to all company employees, associates and publics, including ability to manage crisis communications, if required, with a calm and professional understanding of communications protocol in pressured and fast moving environment.
- Supporting the Company’s communication activities, internal and external, pro-actively and responsibly, if and when required at race events, trade events and special functions.
- Maintaining a committed and positive approach to Company philosophy, values, ethics and confidentiality.
- Developing and maintaining new and existing relationships with MX & Off-road motorcycling publications, journalists, opinion leaders and industry representatives and at a level synonymous with Alpinestars position as the industry leader in its fields.
- Delivery of written and presentational projects on time and on message.
- Development of new initiatives which contribute to the growth and professionalism of Alpinestars’ communications across all platforms.
- Professional development, including skills and training development
Your experience and skills:
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a relevant position
- Committed, professional communications executive with strong interpersonal skills
- Clear and confident communicator
- Good understanding of the role of corporate and media relations, PR and digital/website communications within the corporate structure.
- Ability to self-manage and positively contribute within a dynamic team environment is important so initiatives are seized in a fast paced, multi-task, environment.
- Ability to remain calm and professional in stressed and fast moving communications situations is also important.
- Positive and beneficial behaviours and interaction with Company colleagues and associates and external clients.
- A passion for motocross, motorsports and motorcycling is a pre-requisite and an involvement/interest in dynamic, technical sports equipment will be helpful.
- Familiarity with lifestyle and sports periodicals and media will be a given, as will the ability to communicate with journalists and key opinion formers across Europe and other territories.
- Commitment, drive, passion and a personal need to deliver results on deadline
- Ability to ensure communications are prepared in accordance with department guidelines, corporate communication ethics, discretion and confidentiality is essential.
- An excellent command of English and preferably at least one further European language; written and spoken with emphasis on spelling, grammar and presentation in written communications is an absolute necessity.
- Strong digital social media and website/internet management skills are essential.
- Ability to handle press release preparation, presentation and distribution for editorial purposes.
- Generation of technical specifications and written feature/descriptive copy with excellent PC skills is also a pre-requisite.
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently, possibly at short notice, is also required.
- A full, clean, car license is essential, and a motorcycle license is an advantage.
SRi is a partner-led, global executive search and consulting firm servicing the rapidly converging industries of media, content, technology and sport.
We work as one team with 65 staff based in key global markets across eleven offices on four continents. We offer dedicated and specific sector, function and region expertise. Our activities extend beyond traditional executive search and include board assessment, succession planning, salary benchmarking, advising clients on their internal and external hiring strategy, new market entry and multi-vacancy projects.
We are proud to be the exclusive partner in this search with Alpinestars.
If this opportunity fits your profile and ambitions, please submit a letter of application highlighting relevant achievements and experience, an up to date curriculum vitae and details of your current commitments via Apply Now.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.