Competition Manager – FITEQ
Established in April 2017, the Fédération Internationale de Teqball (FITEQ) is the governing body presiding over all matters relating to the sport of Teqball. With its offices based in Lausanne (SUI) and Budapest (HUN), the sport of Teqball has enjoyed strong growth over the last few years as a result of increasing athlete participation, a growing fanbase and the development of strategic partnerships.
As a federation, FITEQ’s primary mission is to introduce and develop the sport globally and unite the international Teqball community. Teqball is aiming to grow at a rapid pace and to quickly become one of the most exciting sports to come on the scene. As such, this federation wants to be a leading voice in developing up and coming sports while promoting best practices and guidelines.
The Competition Manager shall actively contribute to the leadership team that will develop and manage the annual competition calendar and associated policies and systems including qualifications systems, competition regulations, world ranking database, athlete statistics and related matter.
The successful candidate shall bring industry-related knowledge, sport contacts and overall sport management experience to FITEQ. As a Senior Manager in the Federation, the Competition Manager shall be responsible for the line management of the Competition Coordinator as well as working in partnership with the Events team.
The primary responsibilities of the Competition Manager shall include but are not limited to the following;
- Establish and manage the annual competition calendar and associated policies and systems including qualifications systems, competition regulations, world ranking database, athlete statistics and related matter.
- Support the management and relationship with National Federations and Event Organisers relating to the operational mechanics of FITEQ;
- Coordinate and provide administrative, operational and logistical support to National Federations, Event Organisers, FITEQ Committees and the Executive Board;
- Oversee the development and management of programmes relating to Competition activities and to support competition coordination and delivery.
- Complete other such duties and activities as directed by Sport Director.
Qualifications & Skills
The personal profile and experience of the Competition Manager shall include but are not limited to the following;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar position;
- Values driven with the ability to inspire colleagues and be a true ambassador for Teqball;
- Broad knowledge of international Sport, sporting federations and project / competition management and operations;
- Racquet and/or tournament-based sport experience;
- Accuracy and attention to detail while maintaining a long‐term view;
- Proven track record of providing managerial leadership to a multi-disciplinary team;
- Ability to work and navigate within a small, growing structure
- Proven track record in leading complex change management projects; including budget and risk management;
- Demonstrable success in project management and supervision in a similar position;
- A passion for the discipline and complete commitment to contribute to its growth in the world of sport;
- Keen sense of priorities for efficient management of projects and deliverables;
- Ability to exert influence and work in a complex environment
- High ethical standards with the ability to prioritise the requirements of colleagues
- People management experience, strong interpersonal skills and adaptability
- Fluency in English, additional language(s) being advantageous
- A knowledge of, and passion for, sport and its impact on society and its values;
- Self‐started and quick learner who is able to manage his or her own time;
- Detail oriented;
- Able to interact well with a wide group of personalities, excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience in meeting tight deadlines;
- Experience in establishing information management systems with focus on document management components;
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.