Founded in 2001, SRi is the leading consulting firm in talent management dedicated to the global sports, media & content, fashion & sporting goods, and digital industries. We are approximately 55 staff spread across offices in Australia, Canada, China, Germany, Japan, Singapore, Switerland, the UK and the USA.
We work with a variety of prestigious clients, such as national & international governing bodies, global sporting brands, clubs & events, broadcasters, content owners and sports & entertainment marketing agencies.
Through a combination of an extensive international network, a global database, a high profile website and a strong industry reputation, we are able to deliver the talent consulting services across a spectrum from middle management to Chief Executive and across a variety of functions, including Sales & Marketing, Event Management, Communications, Media Production & Distribution, Legal and Finance and Technical and Coaching. For more information, please go to www.sriexecutive.com
In order to further develop our APAC business, we are now seeking a Consultant to join our office in China. The Asia business has experienced consistent growth over the last five years and we now operate in the markets of Singapore, Hong Kong, China (PRC), Japan, Malaysia, Indonesia and Thailand from two offices – Beijing and Singapore.
Part of our international team of consultants, and working with a small team in our Beijing office, you will play a leading role in developing and servicing our clients based in China and the Greater China region.
You will be tasked with developing client relationships as well as the delivery of assignments and projects across a range of disciplines and sectors within the sports industry. You will work closely with the firms other global practice leaders based in our offices globally.
Your main duties and responsibilities include:
- Development of a deep understanding of the sports, entertainment and media business sectorsand key clients.
- Development of proposals and client presentations
- Desk-based and telephone research for identification of potential clients and candidates
- Manage applications of candidates, including effective career counseling and rejection where needed.
- Interview candidates, gaining deep understanding of their career history, career aspirations and character/ culture ‘fit’
- Produce accurate, informative and relevant candidate interview reports
- Manage internal, global database and keep all candidate, client and assignment recordsup to date
- Development of comprehensive research mapping documents and assignment activity reports
- Effectively manage the delivery process of assignments.
- Contribute to the marketing activity within the region; hosting networking events, contributing to SRi blog posts and developing e-marketing mail outs
Skills & Experience Required
- The ideal candidate will have an undergraduate degree in a business or HR related discipline and solid experience in HR consulting.
- At least 5 years of experience in recruitment is required. Of particular relevance will be experience in the sports, media or branded goods sectors.
- Great passion for sports is essential!
- You must possess excellent communication skills – both verbal and written – in English and Mandarin. Any additional languages would be a plus.
- You are a confident presenter and a natural at developing personal and professional relationships
- You arean excellent organizer and have a strong attention to detail.
- You are resourceful and an experienced user of the internet, on-line social networks and all MS-Office applications. Experience operating within a CRM system is advantageous.
- You are a team player, who truly believes in the premise that together everyone achieves more.
- Quality + Consistency: We strive to be the best in all we do. We ensure every client and candidate receives the highest level of service and a consistent, professional approach. We have a duty of care to all we work with – not just those we place.
- Expert + Trusted Advisor: We go above and beyond and can talk confidently about theroles we work on and the industry we operate in. We add value through insight
- Ownership + Accountability: Each of us seeks to continually improve ourselves and the business. We take responsibility for our actions. We collaborate with colleagues, clients and candidates in an open, constructive manner.
- Enjoyment: We ensure every team member is happy and enjoys the environment in which they work. We believe there is a direct correlation between having fun and being successful.