Consumer Marketing Manager – Ascot Racecourse
It means more at Ascot. Everything is in its place as we meticulously apply the finishing touches to create breathtaking occasions at the iconic Ascot Racecourse. We strive to deliver an uplifting guest experience; an experience which always anticipates our guest’s needs and is seemingly effortless. We are custodians of over 300 years of history, we have a duty to respect and celebrate our heritage which makes us original. We always look and act the part. We are smart, stylishly turned out and courteous, communicating with respect. This is the Ascot Way.
- Support marketing strategy implementation for Royal Ascot, 21 other annual Ascot racedays and non-racing events to drive ticket sales.
- Lead relationship with creative agency (Antidote), media planner (AMS) and Insights agency (Two Circles) to shape and implement an agile event advertising plan.
- Act as a customer champion and provide insight that informs business change. Identify growth opportunities to attract new customers; improve loyalty, frequency and spend.
- Inform development of Ascot racedays, B2C products, pricing strategy and a tailored marketing communications approach.
- Responsible for marketing strategy to drive revenue growth across raceday products including betting and, by liaising closely with 1711 Events, food and beverage offer.
- Support licensing and onsite retail operation. This new project, launched in 2017, in partnerships with IMG has had a challenging start and needs careful management.
- Act as a brand guardian to ensure consistency across communications and collateral.
- Plan, implement and measure agile above-the-line advertising campaigns for ticketing. Report on effectiveness of all media buying and ROI reporting.
- Oversee all media planning – paid and contra – to deliver to effectively support revenue targets.
- Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring a proactive year-round marketing communication plan to support revenue growth across restaurants, bars and concessions, memberships, betting, app / WIFI, retail merchandising, racecard and Royal Ascot magazine, Ascot Express and Luna Cinema nights.
- Responsible for implementing marketing plan to maximise sales of King Edward VII enclosure.
- Ensure the Content team support marketing by providing them with directional briefs to ensure that they provide multi-purpose content which supports the delivery of improved reach, engagement and conversion to drive event sales. Feed into the raceday photography and videography briefs as necessary.
- Oversee implementation and measurement of an effective sales and Plan Your Day related email and direct mail communication plan that is tailored by content and timing across ticketing, Royal Enclosure, annual memberships and Colts & Fillies. Measure performance in order to improve effectiveness of these communications.
- Ensure all GDPR laws are followed in all activity.
- Support improved customer experience across general admission. Work with Operations Team to measure ‘As Is’ and refine each stage of a customers’ journey to deliver against subsequent ‘To Be’ targets.
- Act as the product champion and customer champion to direct Digital team to ensure effective product representation and a seamless Customer Journey through the website and booking engine.
- Responsible for delivering a consistent brand identity across collateral, wayfinding, customer service and other customer touchpoints working with all relevant departments.
- Work with HR and 1711 to ensure brand is directing, motivating and relevant to all staff.
- Integrate new sub-brands into our brand architecture.
- Support the Retail Merchandise and Licensing business through licensee development, onsite P&L management and marketing initiatives.
- Approve racecard and Royal Ascot magazine flat-plan.
- Manage Ascot’s awards entries.
- Work with Two Circles to implement an annual research strategy to inform development of events and marketing including customer surveys and focus groups. Proactively share key insights with management team.
- Support database growth and enhance quality of individual records.
- Manage budget lines including raising POs, coding invoices and detailed forecasting.
- Provide strong leadership to 2 x Marketing Executive.
- Such other duties as the Company may, at times, reasonably require
Qualifications & Skills
- Proven data led insight experience and results
- Able to demonstrate consistent and exceptional achievement in developing, implementing and measuring marketing activity to support revenue growth
- Evidence of resilient, tenacious and action orientated approach, focused on achieving successful outcomes
- Proven track record in campaign management across a wide range of marketing disciplines
- Confident in building relationships. Ability to build and manage multiple internal and external stakeholder relationships. Excellent communicator / persuader.
- Experience of managing agencies
- Specific experience of working within a one to one / CRM based marketing environment actively using insight to drive creative campaigns that deliver results.
- An interest in sport. Racing interest preferred.
- A strong understanding of brand dynamics and consumer trends a distinct advantage
- Able to demonstrate appreciation for operational attention to detail
- Standard professional level IT skills
- Excellent administrative skills, budgetary and staff management experience.
- Educated to a Degree standard
- Marketing qualification would be advantageous
- A minimum of seven years in a marketing position
- Experience in Sports/Leisure Marketing /Venue Marketing/Event Marketing preferred
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.