CRM & Marcoms Manager – Reading FC
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), the CRM & Marcoms Manager (CRM&M) will manage the Reading FC fan engagement strategy, marketing communications activities and CRM functionality to develop and execute effective marketing campaigns.
Key areas of responsibility include management of fan data, campaign execution, website content and social media activity and of all other outward facing promotional/marketing assets.
The CRM&M is responsible for planning and creating the content to populate the fan engagement platform including gamification strategy and the loyalty, rewards and retention programmes.
The CRM&M will have line management responsibility for the Senior Communications Manager, the Marcoms Assistant and the Media Assistant.
The CRM&M will work closely with the Brand and Sponsorship teams to ensure that the synergies between fan insight and behaviours are identified, aligned and delivered.
- Develop a legally compliant, robust, accurate and extensive database of RFC fans segmented by revenue generating potential by ensuring that every fan touch-point is activated to collect data
- Migrate fans to the most engaged segments by creating and executing fan engagement campaigns using compelling club content delivered via the club portal
- Manage the CRM database and the development of the fan engagement platform to include gamification, loyalty, rewards and retention strategies
- Manage the marketing & communications team to ensure the RFC website and social media platforms are optimised as part of the marketing mix
- Manage the club estate of promotional assets including (but not limited to) the LED boards, fixed perimeter boards, concourse poster sites, scoreboard, giant screen, concourse TV, ensuring that the club fulfils all of its commercial and partner obligations
- Execute creative marketing campaigns for the club and its sponsors/partners entitled to access the CRM database
- Employ a range of data mining and predictive modelling techniques to identify prospects suitable for each marketing initiative
- Identify new elements of promotional inventory from within the club’s existing asset base to use as part of the rewards and fan retention strategy
- Manage the activities of external suppliers and agencies retained to develop club facilities in the CRM & fan engagement areas
- Ensure that all data compiled is held safely and securely and meets all regulatory requirements in co-operation with the club’s Data Protection Officer
- Keep abreast of any relevant legislation, regulatory requirements and codes of practice as they apply to specific CRM & fan engagement activities in each territory
- Work closely with the COO to ensure that fan research is provided in the right geographies to support the sponsorship narrative
- Brief and manage the activities of external CRM resource where necessary
- Liaise with relevant internal departments to ensure an up-to-date appreciation of fan engagement & CRM opportunities
- Regularly meet and review progress toward meeting marketing targets and identify suitable activity to make up any performance shortfall
- Ensure that the COO and other members of the senior management team are regularly briefed on all major developments and initiatives concerning fan engagement & CRM
Qualifications & Skills
- Demonstrates the qualities of energy, enthusiasm and initiative
- Educated to degree level, with post graduate marketing qualification preferred
- At least 3 years’ experience of fan engagement and CRM with a consumer or sports organisation
- Knowledge of marketing dynamics, preferably in a sports environment
- Able to influence, persuade, innovate and lead change
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented individual
- Comfortable handling own operational workload and delivering to tight timescales
- Able to operate effectively as part of a small team
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely in both written and oral form
- Present key findings from research analyses in a concise and meaningful way
- Think innovatively in identifying data acquisition and fan engagement opportunities and in suggesting how RFC assets can be optimised in this area
- Think creatively how best to pitch RFC CRM & fan engagement assets to prospects & sponsors
- Be aware of best practice in the sports marketing communications area
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.