Culture Group (星锦文化传播有限公司) is a global branded content and marketing advisory firm specialised in the sports, music and entertainment space. With offices in Shanghai, Singapore and New York, Culture Group is leading the way in creating brilliant partnerships between cultural influencers and brand in Asia.
In Asia, Culture Group guides brands through the process of understanding global trends and how to localize and leverage IP over the short and long term. They have worked with numerous well-known global brands including Rolex, ABInBev, Heineken, American Express, Toyota, Pernod Ricard on various events and content partnerships projects. For talent and properties, Culture Group serves as a commercial partner in Asia, ensuring that commercial and social partnerships are handled with professionalism and authenticity. Currently they advise US based artists and athlete manager Roc Nation on Asia marketing and commercial strategy; Roc Nation’s roster of clients includes Kevin Durant, Rihanna, Nick Jonas, Demi Lovato and DNCE.
Culture Group is founded by Michael Patent who previously served as the Senior Vice President/ Head of Global Partnerships for AEG Asia and has broad experience working in venue management, property sales and event touring. Doug Scott is a founding partner and advisor to the group; he is a twenty-five year veteran of the branded content and entertainment marketing space. Regional teams are all led and run by internationalised local business professionals who have significant knowledge of the market as well as connections to premium brand resources.
- Oversee the sale of commercial endorsements and/or brand partnerships for Culture Group’s represented clients in Greater China, reaching annual sales targets as set by the company
- Develop and maintain a network of clients who hold decision making responsibilities and control or influence marketing budgets, communicate with them regularly and present company’s assets on a regular basis
- Represent the Culture Group brand properly and present to clients their premier global assets in a most professional way
- Manage the sales process with potential clients from initial phone call or meeting through contract signature
- Communicate effectively with company founder, creative team and advisors to initiate development of creative concepts and guide the packaging and delivery of ideas and opportunities to the brand client
- Assist the company founder in developing the Culture Group brand in Mainland China, through attendance at industry networking events, conferences, forums, and sports/entertainment events
- Report on a regular basis, your progress in client outreach, client/prospect status, and key dates/deadlines
- Maintain a regular awareness and understanding of sports, music and entertainment marketing needs, goals, and trends and report them to the company on a regular basis
Skills & Experience Required
- Minimum 8-12 years of relevant work experience in a sales position
- Prior experience in integrated marketing would be highly recommended
- Actively develop and manage a ‘sales pipeline’ consisting of active sales prospects; leading to the eventual sale of endorsements, brand partnerships and marketing programs.
- Fluency in Mandarin and English
- An existing and wide-ranging network of clients who are invested in sports and entertainment
- Self-motivated, ambitious, hardworking – able to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to work outside of traditional office hours – presence at sporting and entertainment events is expected
- Ability to travel on a regular basis (expected to be 30% of time) to visit clients and prospects, primarily within Mainland China.