Director, Operations – UFC
Position Title: Director, Operations
Company: Zuffa, LLC
Department: UFC Performance Institute – Shanghai
Reports To: VP, Operations – UFC Performance Institute
Aligned with the overall strategy of the UFC and the UFC Performance Institute (UFCPI) the Director, Operations will lead all operational aspects within the UFCPI – Shanghai. This role will work closely with the VP, Operations – UFCPI to develop China’s leading training institution in terms of performance, welfare, and research into MMA and combat sports.
- Assumes a leadership role of the UFCPI – Shanghai.
- Develops third-party consultant relationships. Forms strategic partnerships with industry leaders in operations, business operations, strategy and commercial.
- Develops and implements support systems to aid in athlete and coach training logistics moving in and out of the facility.
- Cultivates relationships with local athletes, coaches, and gyms.
- Establishes operational protocols.
- Establishes agreed-upon operational and utilization metric targets.
- Performs on-going training with athletes, coaches, and UFCPI staff members to ensure continued professional development and adherence to professional codes of conduct.
- Performs other tasks, projects, and responsibilities to establish a world-class performance facility.
Skills & Experience:
- Graduate Degree in business, administration, operations or a related field.
- 5+ years of high-level management experience in event, sport or facility operations and/or administration.
- Previous experience leading an operational staff in a high paced environment.
- Personal or professional experience in sport is preferred, but not required.
- Understanding of MMA (i.e. the sport, local athletes/coaches/gyms, local culture.) preferred.
- Experience in budget and inventory management required.
- Experience in business operations and logistics required.