Director, Performance – UFC Shanghai PI
UFC Performance Institute — Shanghai
VP, Performance — UFC Performance Institute
Aligned with the overall strategy of the UFC and the UFC Performance Institute (UFCPI) the Director, Performance will lead the development and implementation of all performance aspects within the UFCPI, Shanghai. This role will work closely with the VP, Performance, UFCPI to develop China’s leading training institution in terms of performance, welfare, and research into MMA and combat sports.
- Assumes a leadership role of the UFCPI – Shanghai.
- Develops third-party consultant relationships. Forms strategic partnerships with industry leaders in performance.
- Develops and implements support systems to aid in athlete assessments, and data collection and management.
- Cultivates relationships with athletes, coaches, and gyms to distribute evidence-based relevant information.
- Establishes performance protocols.
- Establishes agreed-upon performance metric targets.
- Performs on-going training with athletes, coaches, and UFCPI staff members to ensure continued professional development and adherence to professional codes of conduct.
- Performs other tasks, projects, and responsibilities to establish a world class performance facility.
Skills and Experience
- Post Graduate Degree in Exercise Science or other related curriculum required. PhD preferred.
- 7+ years of high-level technical management experience in science, research, and strength and conditioning fields.
- Certification as a Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSCS), Corrective Exercise Specialist (CES) and/or Performance
Enhancement Specialist (PES).
- Previous experience leading a high performance environment with elite athletes and coaches.
- Personal or professional experience in combat or contact sport is preferred, but not required.
- Understanding of the demands of MMA (i.e. physical, physiology, gender-specific, weight categories, weight management, travel requirements, etc.).
- Understanding of existing evidence-based research, and the implementation of new research areas to enhance the sport, athletes, and coaches.
SRi is a boutique global executive search and consulting firm, servicing the rapidly converging industries of media, content, technology and sport.
We work as one partner-led team with 65 staff based in key global markets across eleven offices on four continents. We offer dedicated and specific sector, function and region expertise. Our activities extend beyond traditional executive search and include board assessment, succession planning, salary benchmarking, advising clients on their internal and external hiring strategy, new market entry and multi-vacancy projects.
We are proud to be the exclusive partner in this search with UFC.
Please click Apply Now to submit your CV.