Director of Strategic Marketing – Sport England
To deliver the planning, development and implementation of Sport England’s brands and marketing strategies, marketing content and editorial, as directed by the Executive Director Mass Markets, ensuring all elements are planned, costed and communicated across the organisation and to strategic partners.
To maximise return on investment by efficiently and effectively delivering Sport England’s message and investment into the market.
- Lead and drive insight lead innovation into the physical activity market to maximise impact on the organisational KPIs.
- As a member of the Management Team, identify opportunities to develop connections across the business, add value by supporting, advising and providing constructive feedback, display personal behaviours that model best practice across the organisation.
Team Management 20%
- Build a high performing team through effective recruitment, performance management, feedback and coaching to ensure successfully deliver against their objectives.
- Effectively manage the work of direct reports to ensure strategic priorities are planned and delivered to a high standard.
- Co-ordinate, prioritise and deploy resources effectively to maximise impact on the KPIs.
Organisational Effectiveness 30%
- Lead and evaluate the brand and marketing mission, goals and objectives and report progress to the Executive Director for Mass Markets.
- Develop, deliver and control a costed strategic marketing plan that coordinates and phases the Mass Market investment portfolio into the market to maximise penetration and engage the target consumer/customer with an active lifestyle message.
Relationship Management 15%
- Develop and maintain excellent relations with key stakeholders, influencing their positive engagement with the work of Sport England.
- Develop and build relationships across new and existing stakeholders to help Sport England achieve its aims.
Communication & Influence 10%
- Effectively communicate the strategic marketing plan to both internal and external customers in an attractive and timely manner to enrol support and ensure a quality delivery.
Ad hoc 5%
- Contribute to organisational-wide projects as required, ensuring successful implementation and review.
- Work flexibly to carry out any other duties that are within the colleague’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably required.
- Follow Sport England’s policies and procedures in relation to other matters e.g. Health & Safety, Procurement and Financial control
Qualifications & Skills
- Leading & prioritising
- Principles & values
- Adapting & coping
- Communicating, persuading & influencing
- Creating & conceptualising
Additional skills, knowledge and experience required:
- Relevant experience of operating at a senior level.
- Previous experience of successfully managing a multi-functional team to a delivery timeline
- Previous experience of appointing and managing external agencies to achieve agreed targets
- Proven track record of strategic planning, delivery and data led reporting within a brand/marketing environment.
- A previous track record of the ability to attract, retain and motivate people.
- A proven ability to communicate strongly and explain ideas in a meaningful and engaging way to both internal and external customers
- A previous track record of being results oriented and delivering against agree targets
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent communications experience.
- Understanding of the Sports/Activity market
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.