The England Team Operations and Administration Officer will manage and co-ordinate the administrative and operational support for the England Womens Development Teams. This will include all operational non-Football functions to provide first class administrative and logistical support for matches and tournaments both home and abroad for all England teams in order to provide each team with the best platform for success.
You will have a small team of direct reports, and often be working in pressure and high-profile environments, with the ultimate objective to deliver the best possible opportunity for England teams to achieve individual and collective success.
- To provide on-the-road operational and administrative support to Development Teams and Coaches
- Day-to-day line management of a small team of direct reports
- The administration of squad selection and itinerary, staffing, travel and accommodation, match and training venues, event management of all arrangements associated with a hosting club
- Close liaison with National Federations, UEFA, FIFA and WSL Clubs and players
- To contribute and collate information relating to the England team fixture list to ensure accurate, efficient planning for team events on a seasonal basis to develop overall event budgets
- Travel to home and away matches /training camps/tournaments with England teams as required
- To oversee a team of staff responsible for delivering world-class customer service and administrative support to the Women’s Development Teams
- Ensure adherence to all regulations and guidelines set by FIFA and UEFA for all competitive competitions and major tournaments including, but not limited to, passport eligibility and player availability
- Financial management of England Development Teams and Events, including preparation of the 4-year plan, budget re-forecasting and event cost reconciliation for end of year reporting
- Work with Programme Management Office to carry out project management of major UEFA and FIFA tournaments in which England teams are participating, bringing together all major internal and external stakeholders
- Develop close working relationships with other FA departments, most notably Operations, Marketing, Commercial and Communications
- Executes additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities
Skills & Experience
- You will be capable of managing a small team and thriving in a high-profile environment, with the ability to flex between changing priorities, whilst remaining focused and calm under sometimes pressurised circumstances.
- You will demonstrate significant project management experience, as well as a track record in day-to-day management of budgets.
- You will demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills with internal and external stakeholders. You will display behaviours to maintain and enhance good relationships which will help develop The FA’s positive professional profile across the business and the wider industry.
- You will have a good understanding of the Football industry, as well as a strong network of contacts within it.
- You should have a flexible approach to working hours, including the ability to remain focused during concentrated periods of activity, and you would be leading a high-performing team in an exciting and high profile sporting environment. The nature of the role means that from time to time it may be necessary to travel with the teams and work long hours.
Win the World Cups in 2022 and 2023 and sustained success thereafter.
To deliver against this inspiring goal we are changing how we work and investing heavily to create a team of exceptional people capable of creating winning England teams. Over the next 3 years we are building the team at our world-class training facilities at St George’s Park in Staffordshire.
Applications must be submitted via the Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications SRi receive, we are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and SRi‘s Season Ticket newsletter.