Event Manager – Sports Marketing Agency
Our client works with leading brands to engage their audiences through active experiences. Providing a platform for meaningful real-life connections, they create and deliver campaigns with guaranteed results. From insight led big ideas to strategy to execution, with over 25 years’ experience, we are the agency of the active world.
As the Event Manager you report into the Events Director and work across all aspects of live event delivery. You are responsible for every live event touch point of your events.
You ensure a service for live events that is complementary, innovative, profitable and premium quality is provided. You are always looking to deliver value for money.
On a day to day basis you work collaboratively with the other functions including Project Management and Client Services in order to deliver high quality campaigns for our clients.
The Event Manager is responsible for the co-ordination, running and planning of all the features that come together to create an event. You will work within the events team to build and develop live events.
The Event Manager role is varied and you are responsible for:
Live Event Delivery
- Implement the event plan in line with client requirements and to ensure continued market leading innovation
- Ensure consistency of delivery across live events
- Provide creative solutions in the design and delivery of the events
- Understand your client needs and latest industry developments within live events
- Ensure the safe and successful delivery of your live events across all aspects including but not limited to:
- Licensing permits and consultation
- Venue Management
- Event Branding
- Customer / Event Experience
- Competition Management
- Production & Logistics
- Show Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Health & Safety
- Monitor and track your workload against the Critical Path
- Work with stakeholders and suppliers and create and maintain great relationships
- Stay up to date with event services, pricing model and competitive advantage.
- Completion of key project documentation including but not limited to project delivery plans and post event evaluations
- Able to negotiate preferable rates with key suppliers
- Monitoring and finance management on your areas of the live events budgets
- Manage effectively and efficiently allocated budget lines
- Creating events operational budgets, where required for your events that meet set financial targets
- Working alongside the Client Services team to upsell services to existing partners, where required, to grow your function
- Ensuring your function is delivering the required margin and organic growth targets
- Provide knowledge and expertise, where required, for new business proposals.
- Day to day management of Event Coordinators working across your function
- Line management of key members of the Events team
- On the ground empowerment of the wider team, making sure they have the tools, knowledge and skills required to lead on our clients behalf
- Create good working relationships with Client Services, Project Management and Campaigns Teams
- Working collaboratively within the Campaigns team as you each pull together your areas of the event
- Providing timely and accurate quality reports to Events Director
Qualifications & Skills
As the Event Manager you:
- Are passionate about participation in sport, for yourself and others
- Results driven – you consistently do what you say you’re going to do
- Are goal and financial target orientated, and focused on delivering to the objectives of our event
- Are an excellent communicator
- Are decisive
- Are prepared and plan for contingencies
- Triple check everything
- Manage your time well and are a good multi-tasker
- Have great interpersonal skills
- Are a problem solver
- Have the vision and the ability to see the big picture
- Are flexible
- Are tech-savvy
- Are organised
- Are flexible, adaptable and resourceful
- Think on your feet when the unexpected happens
- Are energetic
- Have great people skills – events are all about people
- Are creative and innovative
- Have a keen eye for detail
- Are calm under pressure and approachable at all times
- Have a sense of humour
- Love the buzz of a busy office but equally happy to sit quietly to get work done
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.