Event Operations Coordinator – ITF
The International Tennis Federation (ITF) is the world governing body of tennis. With its main office in Roehampton, London and staff and activities throughout the world, it is one of the few truly global sports with 211 member nations.
Its key objectives are to:
- grow and develop the sport worldwide
- to develop the game at all levels and for the benefit of all players
- to promote its International Team and Individual events throughout the World
- to ensure that the rules and integrity of the game are upheld at all
Its main commercial activity is the organisation of the International Team competitions within tennis – Davis Cup and Fed Cup, but also the management of tournaments below the ATP and WTA level and also the general administration of the game and communication.
Along with the Olympic Tennis Event, Davis Cup and Fed Cup are the two flagship properties of the ITF, with 134 nations entered to compete in Davis Cup in 2017 and 107 nations in Fed Cup. These two competitions are the largest national team events in the sports world. It is the role of the event operations department to ensure that these events (ties) are organised to the same high standards everywhere in the world, that the contractual rights of the international sponsors are always delivered and that National Associations are fully guided in the implementation of all ITF guidelines and application of competition Regulations.
- Compile event information and ensuring smooth flow of information between ITF, National Associations and other relevant bodies
- Attend site visits in preparation for Davis Cup and Fed Cup events to ensure venue selection process and all minimum standards are met
- Assist in the general pre-event preparation and organisation of Davis Cup & Fed Cup World Group and Zone Group events
- Work with international sponsors to ensure optimal delivery of all contractual rights including on-site activations, tickets, hospitality, commercial displays, give-aways, accreditations, accommodation and flights
- Assist and guide National Associations in the organisation and delivery of their events and ensure compliance with all sporting regulations and operational guidelines
- Attend Davis Cup & Fed Cup events to ensure their smooth delivery
- Ensure that Team Leader and Manager are kept informed of progress of projects affecting their areas of responsibility as well as all other ITF departments involved
- Attend regular meetings with Team Leader and Manager regarding division of work/progress of projects
- Undertake general departmental projects relating to event planning
- Perform other Event Operations tasks as
Qualifications & Skills
- Proven track record of international event organisation experience
- Sports sponsorship experience (desirable)
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- A high standard of administrative skills (essential)
- Good planning & organisation skills
- Proven computer literacy (inc, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Ability to prioritise
- Ability to think on your feet
- Excellent telephone manner
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Languages: other than English, fluent Spanish is essential. In addition fluent French is desirable
- Strong communication and negotiation skills and overall front of house presence
- Confident interacting with a broad range and level of stakeholder
- Experience of dealing with VIP’s and demanding clients is a plus
- Ability to use own initiative
- Strong personal drive
- Diplomacy (as you will be dealing with high level professionals and authorities) and tact
- Interest in sport and sport business
- Tennis knowledge is a benefit
- Hours can be long and weekend travel is part of the role.
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.