Executive Assistant / Operations Internship – Madison Sports Group
Six Day Series is a professional cycling property owned and operated by Madison Sports Group. Headquartered in London, Madison Sports Group was founded in 2013 and during that time has been active in organising a total of 11 Six Day events in London, Berlin, Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Copenhagen and Mallorca. The team has extensive experience in planning and delivering some of the world’s largest sporting properties including the London 2012 Olympic & Paralympic Games, Manchester City FC, Powerboat P1 and numerous UCI events.
Madison Sports Group is looking to hire an individual who is passionate about sport and looking for their break into the industry. The position will provide the opportunity to work in a small team alongside highly dedicated individuals and play an integral part in the running of the business and its respective events around the globe.
The role will be split between supporting the Executive Chairman and the Chief Executive Officer, and including, but not limited to, working closely with the Operations Team to help deliver the Six Day Series events.
A full time role may be offered to the candidate at the end of the intern period.
- Support the Chairman and CEO (and other team members when required) in organisational and administrative tasks – including, but not limited to, diary and calendar management, travel booking, T&E.
- Manage the Madison Sports Group office – overseeing supplies and suppliers, ensuring a seamless visitor experience, creating and promoting an efficient and effective working environment.
- Provide new staff with relevant business materials, access and accounts, and help with their transition into the company
- Support the Chairman & CEO on projects and initiatives as required, for example presentation development, minute taking, meeting preparation and orchestration.
- Support operational planning and delivery for the Six Day Series including, but not limited to, accreditation administration and volunteer recruitment, spectator enquiries, internal hospitality management
- Ordering event supplies and maintaining stock such as clothing, miscellaneous consumables and event prizes
- Liaise with team members and external partners to coordinate logistical requirements for the event such as accommodation, vehicle accreditation, travel and catering
- Aid marketing team with any research, promotions and social media in the build up to events
- Assist in planning and execution of activities relating to commercial activity, namely sponsorship and hospitality
Essential Skills & Qualifications
- A passion for sport and a desire to pursue a career in sport. It is not necessary to have knowledge of cycling
- A minimum 2:1 bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Comfortable handling confidential information and working closely with Directors
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office; able to produce coherent and concise pieces of work
- Strong research and critical thinking skills
- Team player with a proactive mind-set and able to communicate effectively
- Efficient time-management skills to be able to meet tight deadlines and ability to work in pressured environment
Starting date: Immediately
Duration: 3 months
Please note, SRi are playing no active part in the recruitment of this role.