Finance Manager (Projects)
Our client believes that the success on the pitch demands even more success off it, therefore the club is strengthening its Projects team and is currently recruiting for a Finance Manager. This is an ideal role for a qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA) looking to make their first or second step into industry. The ideal candidate will be strong technically and must be able to create and maintain a strong controls process across the business.
- Oversee the production of the monthly management accounts for all project groups working to tight deadlines.
- Develop an understanding of the various internal financial project models and build and interrogate impact on P&L, cash flow, contract and corporate
- Provide a clear and consistent narrative to various stakeholder within the overall financial framework for the projects; being able to rapidly quantify and assess the impact of potential tactical
- Participate in workshops and discussion with external consultants and stakeholders for various projects.
- Preparation of a bi weekly board pack, covering financial performance, to enable the key decision makers (Project Director, CEO, Owners and key steering groups) to assess current performance in order to drive and support crucial business decisions,
- Ownership of KPI updates to be presented at project management meetings, monitoring existing KPIs, highlighting trends and explaining
- Manage, co-ordinate and deliver an accurate and robust rolling 5-year business plan with the assistance of the finance
- Act as a business partner to all relevant internal stakeholders, including the CEO, providing financial and commercial support, periodically communicating results and trends to Project Director, CEO, Board and key steering
- Provide support where required, particularly with product pricing strategies, investment appraisal, project and product profitability, deal structures, scenario modelling and all other commercial aspects of the
- Ongoing development of personal technical skills to support business intelligence data interrogation methodologies to enhance the organisation’s capacity to analyse trends for commercial decision-making
Qualifications & Skills
- 4-5 years’ experience
- ACA / ACCA qualified with practice
- Strong technically with experience in creation and ongoing management of controls and processes
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with the ability to push themselves and others to work to fixed deadlines
- Ability to draw insight from data and provide recommendations
- An analytical approach to designing and implementing processes and
- Proven client relationship management and new business experience
- Excellent presentational skills and ability to persuade and influence audience with credible business content
- Strong networking skills
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Good I.T. skills and be competent in the use of Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Professional and driven, demonstrating a keen intellectual curiosity
- Good understanding of the rugby industry as a whole and a general interest in rugby is preferable
- Strong financial literacy and attention to detail
- Demonstrates an ability to translate financial information to non-financial colleagues
- Inquisitive and forward thinking – Always challenging the current methods and actively looking at ways to do things more efficiently
- Acts as a role model in embodying core club values and culture
- Resilient and ability to adapt to changing business needs
- Self-starter with the ability to learn quickly and work in a fast-paced environment
- Customer Focus – Commits to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; acts with customers in mind; values importance of providing high-quality customer service
- Leadership – Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can access each person’s strength and use them to get the best out of the individual. Promotes confidence and optimistic attitude through inspiring and motivating the team.
- Interpersonal sensitivity – Interacts with others in a sensitive and effective way. Respects and works well with others.
- Quality orientation – Shows awareness of goals and standards. Follows through to ensure that quality and productivity standards are met.
- Initiative Taking – Takes action to achieve goals beyond what is expected; drives to bring issues to a successful closure; self-starter.
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.