Footwear Consumer Experience Program Manager – Salomon
Salomon is one of the most innovative outdoor sports companies in the world; continuously imagining and shaping the future of mountain sports products since 1947 by encouraging creativity in their employees and offering multiple career opportunities in a dynamic, international team.
Since 2005, Salomon is part of the Amer Sports group sharing a key vision: to be one of the world leaders in sports and outdoor products supported by strong brands, innovative products that drive performance and committed employees.
You will lead complex and transversal 360° consumer innovation projects, which feed the Salomon Footwear (and potentially other categories) product engines. You will report to the Director of Global Product Marketing Footwear – AS Footwear.
Your main responsibilities
- Organise, structure and lead 360° consumer innovation projects
- Lead cross-functional project teams and align each contributor toward the same vision and objectives
- Develop and control deadlines, deliverables, budgets and activities
- Make operational decisions within the framework of given projects
- Monitor & assess progress of projects and report to leadership team (SOC / Comex), identify roadblocks, propose actions for next steps
- Make strategic and tactical recommendations to influence Salomon’s FTWR “Where To Play” and ‘How To Win”
- Feed Product Line Managers team with outcomes, key learnings and guidelines of given projects
- Participate in key seasonal product offering creation gates (PAM, Kick-Off, GTD)
- Collaborate with internal network: R&D, Design, Brand, Apparel & WSE categories, Project management Committees, Finance, Commercial for information request, explanation, information transfer, project leadership and influence
- Liaise with external network: Agencies, Retailers for request for information, transfer of information, explanation, influence, negotiation, training
Your experience and skills
- 8 to 12 years’ experience in the Outdoor (or adjacent) industry, with leadership responsibilities in Innovation, Marketing or Business with International scope
- Master’s Degree in a related discipline (Marketing, Business, Commercial – Design Thinking training is a strong plus)
- Proven experience as a Program Manager, in transversal and complex environment
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Outstanding leadership and organisational skills with ability to lead and/or support change
- Excellent communication skills and problem-solving ability
- Marketing & Business Acumen with strong understanding of the Outdoor industry: current market and its evolution, competitive landscape, channels of distribution
- Ability to understand the present and develop a vision for the future
- Consumer-centric approach with expertise in identifying consumers journeys, touch-points, pain & gain points
- Excellent command of creative methods to innovate for the consumer
- Intimate knowledge of “grand outdoor” consumers, from core to mass market
- Team player with passion and commitment, integrity and trust
- Public speaking, ability to synthesise and analyse
- Proficiency in MS office tools – Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook etc.
- Fluency in English (French is a plus)
SRi is a boutique global executive search and consulting firm focused on media, content, technology and sport.
We work as one partner-led team with staff based in key global markets across eleven offices on four continents. We offer dedicated and specific sector, function and region expertise. Our services include executive search, board assessment, succession planning, salary benchmarking, advising clients on their internal and external hiring strategy, new market entry and multi-vacancy projects.
We are proud to be the exclusive partner in this search with Salomon.
How to Apply
To apply, you should send the following via the Apply Now button:
- Letter of application highlighting relevant experience
- Up to date curriculum vitae
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.