Footwear Product Line Manager – Lifestyle – Salomon
Salomon is one of the most innovative outdoor sports companies in the world; continuously imagining and shaping the future of mountain sports products since 1947 by encouraging creativity in their employees and offering multiple career opportunities in a dynamic, international team.
Since 2005, Salomon is part of the Amer Sports group sharing a key vision: to be one of the world leaders in sports and outdoor products supported by strong brands, innovative products that drive performance and committed employees.
Now, Salomon is further establishing their strong positioning in the lifestyle footwear market.
You will define the Footwear offering strategy for the Lifestyle segment and build product ranges that supports the brand positioning, meets the expectations of targeted consumers and distribution, and delivers the financial and strategic objectives of the Salomon Footwear category. You will report to the Product Marketing Manager Footwear – Concept.
Your main responsibilities:
Product Line Management
- Define clear consumers target, identify key trends & opportunities
- Carry-out competitive studies, collect feedbacks from distributors and retailers
- Consolidate all seasonal needs (Service To Fashion, Collabs, Limited Editions, Inline) and make choices vs. priorities, investments & workload
- Define the offer structure and price points for Inline Lifestyle range
- Co-define (with CMM) S2F, Collabs & Limited Edition offerings
- Write seasonal briefs and follow-up the completion with the Triad through the I2P process, for all development types
- Populate PLM and PIM/DAM information systems
Internal and External Presentations
- Ensure range presentations to Distributors Sales Meetings and Internal Validation Gates
- Ensure Pre-line meeting with Key Accounts
Communication / Commercial
- Contribute to seasonal package definition with Communication team
- Contribute to seasonal commercial plan with Commercial Manager
- Collaborate with internal network: &D, Design, Brand, Project management Committees, Global subsidiaries, Finance, Commercial for information request, explanation, information transfer, project leadership, influence
- Liaise with external network: Cultures & Community, Network, Retailers, Agencies, Influencers, Factories for information request, explanation, information transfer, project direction
Your experience and skills
- 3 to 5 years’ experience of Lifestyle Footwear marketing expertise
- Master’s Degree in a related discipline (Marketing, Business, Commercial, Fashion)
- Expertise in Lifestyle footwear product creation
- Experience handling short product range cycles within stages & gates process
- Experience delivering high perceived values for consumers & trade
- Customer Sense: expertise in identifying consumers’ tensions and needs through creative approaches
- Retail strategy: understand the dynamic of sneakers distribution & merchandising
- Results driven, proactive, and assertive when making decisions
- Team player with agility supporting change
- Passion and commitment, demonstrating passion and personal investment in order to develop our brands and products.
- Integrity and trust, creativity and innovation
- Public speaking, ability to synthesise and analyse
- Proficiency in MS office tools – Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook etc.
- Fluency in English (French is a plus)
SRi is a boutique global executive search and consulting firm focused on media, content, technology and sport.
We work as one partner-led team with staff based in key global markets across eleven offices on four continents. We offer dedicated and specific sector, function and region expertise. Our services include executive search, board assessment, succession planning, salary benchmarking, advising clients on their internal and external hiring strategy, new market entry and multi-vacancy projects.
We are proud to be the exclusive partner in this search with Salomon.
How to Apply
To apply, you should send the following via the Apply Now button:
- Letter of application highlighting relevant experience
- Up to date curriculum vitae
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.