General Manager – adidas Football
adidas Football is famous for innovation, technical excellence and above all, performance.
Our boots are worn by everyone from the stars of the game including Lionel Messi, Paul Pogba, Luis Suarez and Manuel Neuer, through to the recreational players dreaming of the world stage on a Saturday morning.
Along with players, we kit out the world’s leading clubs and federations, with the likes of Manchester United, Read Madrid, Bayern Munich, Juventus, Germany, Argentina and Spain, all wearing the three stripes.
We are now looking for our next General Manager – adidas Football continue the growth, development and evolution of the brands most historic category.
Drive, grow and own a successful Business based on Brand strategy with an entrepreneurial mind-set resulting in a winning Consumer Experience for today, tomorrow and the future.
- Drive above market growth by developing and driving the 3-year business plan within the overall adidas Brand Strategy
- Manage the implementation of the BU Plan by leading and orchestrating all functions against the business plan
- Deliver winning Consumer Experiences along the 4 buckets (product, asset, distribution, activation) by balancing brand and commercial goals for the BU and in alignment with the overall Brand Strategy, including innovation roadmaps and future product innovation
- Superior customer/consumer insight, leading to compelling go-to-market and marketing activation strategies, effective management of customers/consumers across all sales channels and continuous sales growth
- Upfront input on the Marketing Working Budget (MWB) allocation with Markets Influence key stakeholders within the Brands matrix organization and global Group Drive and monitor global efficiency & cost effectiveness through synergies
- Identify business opportunities and risks and take appropriate action
- Act as a role model in compliance with the relevant laws and regulations as well as the adidas Fair Play Code of Conduct and other internal policies
- Drive and own industry-changing innovations Build and lead a highly confident, collaborative and creative workforce and provide the platform for long-term, (cross)-functional careers
- Horizontal Functions
- Global Operations
- Group Functions (e.g. Finance, HR)
- HQ Sales Functions
- Managing Directors (Markets)
- Key Football Clubs/Federations
Knowledge, Experience and Capabilities
- Entrepreneurial mind set – leads business always pushing and innovating to drive growth
- Visionary – has a clear image of what it takes in order to reach full potential and can powerfully articulate it to all the different stakeholders
- Motivational – inspires and engages by role modelling
- Accountable – takes ownership and responsibility for successes and failures and translates them into learnings
- Dynamic and adaptable – can quickly and effectively assimilate and drive change and/or new initiatives
- Deep personal interest in Football
- Strategic skills to align global & local operations on Category and Commercial plans and priorities
- Leadership skills in terms of setting a vision, gaining alignment and fostering team spirit
- Ambassadorial skills to manage the external environment and enhance the company’s reputation
- Executional excellence in P&L management and driving for business results
- Negotiating, influencing and networking skills to effectively manage interdependencies (with a focus on external stakeholder management e.g. Clubs, Federations) and the matrix
- Cultural sensitivity, facilitating rapport with internal and external team members, customers and stakeholders
- Deep functional knowledge in sales/business development, marketing/brand management with a strong understanding of financials
- Understanding of legal and corporate governance matters to take on the necessary responsibilities
- Understanding of corporate and social responsibility
- Extensive knowledge of Sport/Style Industry including a vision of future opportunities and challenges
- Strong communication skills
- Strategic minded with strong executional abilities
- Excellent presentation skills Lead change management
- Excellent English knowledge and fluent in another European language
- 10 or more years of experience in general management or in strategic sales/business development or marketing positions (preferably in the branded consumer goods or retail industries) especially in Western European Markets
- Demonstrated managerial finance ability (Finance/controlling experience a plus)
- Proven track record of driving top- and bottom-line growth and/or maximizing ROIC in different countries
- Experience in regular board updates / CEO Demonstrated ability in effectively building and leading diverse teams
A significant basic salary plus bonus, long term incentive plan, company car and other benefits.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact:
Global Leadership & Executive Search – adidas
M: +49 171 269 3913