Head of Academy Physiotherapy – Hull City Tigers
Hull City Tigers are looking to recruit an experienced Head of Physiotherapy to join its growing and ambitious Academy based in East Yorkshire. The Academy currently operates as a Category 2 Academy within the Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP). The Dept is made up of a Head of Sports Science & Medicine, 2 full time Physiotherapists, Lead Sport Scientist, Lead Strength & Conditioning Coach and an Academy Sport Scientist.
The successful candidate will have the ability to organize, communicate and deliver world-class medical provision to players of all ages within the Academy pathway. The successful candidate will also have the ability to lead and motivate staff within the department to encourage a high performance environment incorporating the latest evidence based practice.
- To effectively lead and manage the academy medical department in line with club guidelines and current EPPP requirements.
- Deliver and co-ordinate the club’s Medical programme from u23s to u9s ensuring accurate diagnosis and rehabilitation of all injuries.
- Ensure all training and matches are covered by adequately qualified medical staff in line with EPPP guidelines.
- Plan and execute evidence based rehabilitation sessions for all injured players in line with current evidence based practice.
- Develop and lead an effective injury prevention programme for all players.
- Demonstrate a high level of planning and organisation.
- Complete administrative tasks in order to keep accurate and up date information on a daily, weekly, monthly basis. Including ensuring all notekeeping is completed contemperaneously in line with HPCP regulations.
- Educate players and parents regarding medical matters and injury diagnosis and prognosis.
Qualifications & Skills
- HCPC registered Physiotherapist
- Experience of managing/ leading a team of physiotherapy staff
- Up to date and comprehensive CPD record & portfolio
- Advanced knowledge of current research and practices effecting the management of elite youth and adolescent players.
- Pitch side qualification, preferably ATTMiF
- Hold, or be working towards an MSc in Sports physiotherapy or a related discipline
- Knowledge & experience of working to the EPPP guidelines
- Experience of the Player Management Application (PMA)
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.