Head of Business Sales – MK Dons
MK Dons is a professional association football club based in Milton Keynes, England, one of the fastest growing cities in the UK. Formed in 2004 the club moved to the purpose built UEFA Elite Stadium MK in 2007. The club is owned by the Inter MK group which as well as operating the stadium controls a 304 bedroom Doubletree by Hilton hotel and a 5,000 spectator capacity indoor arena both within the stadium. These operations provide the Football Club with a high degree of financial sustainability.
The Club’s vision is ultimately to play in the Premier League whilst being true to its purpose of inspiring and exciting the people and businesses within Milton Keynes and continuing to be an integral part of the community.
To sell and manage partnership, sponsorship, advertising, hospitality products and events from MK Dons and from time to time the stadium, other Inter MK companies and the MK Dons Sport and Education Trust to the corporate and business sectors.
- To sell and manage partnership, sponsorship, advertising, hospitality products and events from MK Dons and from time to time the stadium, and other Inter MK companies and the MK Dons Sport and Education Trust to the corporate and business sectors.
- To develop, manage and build long-term sustainable relationships with key partners and major accounts and identify new business opportunities.
- To manage the Business Sales team, maximising turnover and profitability, and deliver activities within the agreed annual budget.
Summary of Duties
- To prepare the corporate sales plan with the Executive Director and delivery and implementation of that plan to meet the department revenue and expenditure budget.
- To manage new and existing sponsorship / partnership relationships, activating and organising a regular programme of meetings with key partners to deliver new profitable initiatives to the club. Liaison and management of suppliers and agencies necessary to deliver partnership agreements, and the corporate sales plan / budget.
- To develop and deliver profitable new sponsorship, partnership, and advertising programmes
- In conjunction with the Matchday Hospitality and Partnerships Executive, to plan and deliver a first class matchday experience for all customers in the various executive areas to meet company targets and budgets.
Qualifications & Skills
- Proven track record in a face to face sales role – minimum 5 years and passionate about sales.
- Smart, outgoing, confident personality
- Interest in football.
- Able to work both as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Energetic, determined, with a will to succeed.
- Confident in presenting to prospective clients.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Proven communication skills.
- Ability to see bigger picture in terms of sales of products from the other group businesses.
- Flexible working hours and days.
- To be available for all home matches.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Reside within 50 minutes travelling distance of Milton Keynes
- Computer literate.
- Access to own transport
- Previous success in sales in the sports industry
- Previous experience in people management and development
- Achievement of sales and profit targets.
- Retention of major partners and key accounts.
- Development of new business.
- Customer satisfaction.
- Staff Motivation and objective setting.
- Performance against annual budgeted profit.
- Year on Year growth in both annual turnover and profit.
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.