Head of Content – Perform Media
A leading digital sports content and media group.
Connecting the world of sport by producing the quickest, most detailed and most engaging content, managing a network of global media brands and launching DAZN, a pioneering new sports OTT platform.
Perform Media is looking for a seasoned, creative, and strategic Head of Content for Goal – the world’s #1 digital football destination. This leadership role is responsible for managing a global content team publishing in 19+ languages. It is a critical position that reports directly into the Chief Product Officer. This is an opportunity for the right candidate to shape and grow our overall Goal content strategy as well as set the standard and drive the evolution of content production across Perform Media. Complete success in this role involves aligning closely with our product and development teams and supporting the commercial units with ideation and execution with a focus against creativity and packaging of content.
- Define and deliver the overall Goal content strategy
- Firmly establish, and iteratively evolve, Goal’s position against the competition
- Manage and oversee growth, explicitly, of all Goal language editions and Voetbalzone (Dutch football portal)
- Drive coordination and collaboration across content teams in multiple locations across the globe as well as owned-and-operated and off-platform metrics that move with the evolution of digital media
- Collaborate with commercial teams to develop propositions that drive revenue opportunities including creation of branded content ideas
- Establish key external relationships that will strengthen audience, reinforce brand positioning, and broaden awareness
- Be able to drive the continual build of the Perform CMS by understanding the needs of content producers and translating those needs into actionable requirements
- Drive behaviour throughout team that brings-to-bear a presentation of our best assets via creative content packaging and nuances delivery by territory, platform etc. as appropriate
Qualifications & Skills
- 8+ years of experience in creating quality content experiences for substantial sized audiences and 4+ years of management experience
- Proven track record of delivering quality nuanced, content experiences across multiple platforms, devices, and third-party partners
- Strong product sense and intimate experience in working with CMSs
- Ability to drive advertising campaigns from a content perspective and overall ability to cater to commercial demands
- Excellent news sense and journalistic instinct
- Comfortability, willingness, and flexibility to work with groups, regions and territories across the world
- Thorough understanding of multimedia distribution platforms and non-traditional media types
- Comfortable leveraging and working across product, technology, design, marketing, PR, and legal teams
- Ability to identify and implement relevant structures and workflows
- Ability to formulate and drive a strategic content vision
- Global competency with understanding of local sensitivities
- Strong leadership skills and collaborator
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to contribute to all parts of a fully functioning product and content team
- Ability to deliver high quality work under pressure
- Highly talented with strong ideas and creativity
- Cross-functional understanding of the needs, challenges, and evolution of all aspects of the media industry – editorial, product, monetization, etc.
- A true love for football, sports and everything digital
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.