Head of Commercial Finance – AEG Europe
Reporting to the Finance Director you will take responsibility for the Commercial Finance team which supports The O2, SSE Arena Wembley and other associated AEG Europe owned businesses.
This role will deputise for the Finance Director when necessary on all issues and plays a key role in providing useful and timely financial information both to senior management, AEG Europe and AEG Inc.
- To provide high quality Business Partner support to the Senior Leadership teams across The O2 and SSE Wembley Arena
- To compile and review all financial performance management information for the O2 Campus, SSE Wembley Arena and European Head Office
- To lead the FP&A process for all the above companies
- Team management and development
- Interim and year end audit liaison
- Ensure regular meetings are held with the heads of departments and senior leadership team to communicate accurate and timely financial results, understand financial risks and provide ad hoc analysis
- To take the lead in all FP&A working closely with key business leaders. This includes annual budget process, re-forecasting, long term financial and strategic planning.
- Compile and review monthly management reporting packs including commentary and key performance indicators as required
- Assist business leaders and the SLT to analyse and review key contracts. This includes new revenue deals across Sponsorship, Hospitality and Events alongside review of value for money in all significant procurement deals
- Review and approval of the event promoter settlement process. Ensure that the event settlement process is as efficient and timely as possible. Adopt best practice across all venues to standardize approach. This includes post event ‘Flash’ reporting
- Support all key business stakeholders on commercial and business performance analysis by owning and developing management analysis, KPIs and other relevant information.
- Ability to set up accounting processes and reports for new business activities, and identifying risks and ensuring controls are put in place to mitigate these risks
- Manage and coach Commercial Finance team
- Assist in developing and maintaining effective team work within departments and offices of AEG worldwide
- Provide and promote the highest level of customer service
- Continuously seek ways to improve personal, team and business performance
- Undertake any other relevant duties or reasonable request as requested by the Finance Director and any member of the senior management team
- Understand the importance of Equality & Diversity in the work place
Qualifications & Skills
- Demonstrable experience of business partnering senior leadership teams
- Strong commercial experience and ability to help in strategic decisions
- Excellent core accounting skills
- Strong financial analytical skills and eye for detail
- Strong IT skills
- Positive with a “can do” attitude
- Team leader and player who enjoys working in a high achieving environment
- A commitment to delivering the best
- Knowledge of J D Edwards
- Background in media industry, retail or attractions
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.