Head of Recruitment – IMG Academy
Want to love what you do in an environment that values learning and growth alongside other high performing individuals? If you answered yes, IMG Academy is hiring.
Our unique campus is dedicated to developing the next generation of leaders, champions and influencers. We believe that each day is an opportunity to achieve dreams and inspire greatness. As part of the IMG Family, we prepare our student-athletes to succeed, taking on life with confidence and preparedness. Through our integration of elite academics, athletics and character development, our student-athletes are prepared to rise up to their full potential – whether that’s on the field, in the classroom or in life.
This position will oversee all facets of launching and running the newly formed IMG Academy Mexico office, with managing a team of 1-2 employees initially. They will have an overall focus on business development, brand awareness and lead generation while also driving Camp and Academy enrollment and sales in Mexico through event activation and establishing relationships with sponsors, private schools, local officials and sports organizations in key markets within the region.
We are seeking curious, caring individuals who align with our core values:
- Passionate Soul: Love what you do
- Open Mind: Never stop learning and growing
- Champions Spirit: Strive for greatness
- Helpful Heart: Lift up those around you
- Absolute Integrity: Always do the right thing
- Drive the marketing plan for IMG Academy and/or IMG Performance and related areas.
- Maintain close involvement with the academy, sports and business unit contacts, as well as multiple internal and external parties.
- Develop marketing plans to define the competitive differentiation and key messages to promote the program and build brand awareness among the target audience to generate and increase business.
- Marketing activities to be planned and executed may include brand development, event promotion and activation, marketing materials development, digital marketing strategy and execution, CRM/e-mail marketing, SEO/SEM, and website/social media content and advertising to optimize the marketing mix and revenue in the assigned business areas.
- Manage the many key interactions with sports affiliations, associations, and media partners across all relevant sports or business areas, to increase awareness of the tactical options for reaching our target audiences
- Familiarity with media buys, public relations, and SEO.
- Work closely with sport staff to create, monitor and report on goals and objectives including program growth and retention.
- Researches competitors and collaborates with others to ensure implementation of best practices
- Leads communication strategy and sharing of information with Marketing and Outreach, including PR and multiple media outlets, to ensure maximum exposure for program
- Responsibility for the lifecycle of the sales and enrolment process for Academy & Camp Program enrolments
- Maintaining an accurate pipeline of prospective business and enrolled business
- Maintain key interactions with the outreach (sales) team, academic staff and individual sports academy staff to ensure that branding and program messaging is relevant and consistent
- Identifying new opportunities for business development designed to increase Academy Program enrolment
- Supporting and maintaining a high level of understanding of the four year model for the Academy program student-athlete
- Determining customer needs and expectations while making expert recommendations to maximize the customer’s experience
- Maintaining close relationship with related departments on campus to ensure proper client transition from sale to participation
- Managing time effectively, meeting personal and company goals and working effectively with other members of the team
- Adhering to all company policies, procedures and business ethic codes
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Skills
- 3+ years of educational placement experience
- 5+ experience years of experience selling travel with responsibility for an annual quota of at least $3 million
- Strong understanding of the athletic and school systems throughout Mexico
- Experience playing athletics throughout Mexico
- Recent and successful track record of sales
- Experience working successfully and energetically on the phone, in groups, as well as in person
- Ability to think creatively and sell strategically
- Track record of developing long-term relationships with clients, companies, and agencies
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent online, written and verbal communication skills
- Experienced business judgment- positive, persistent, and professional
- Enjoy problem solving and be unafraid of technical solutions
- Teamwork skills essential
- Fluent in written and spoken Spanish, and English
- Travel within the region (Mexico) is required
- Flexible; ability to adapt behaviour and work methods accordingly
- Ability to recognize own strengths and weaknesses in pursuit of self-development
- Exhibits integrity through fair and ethical behaviour towards others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment
- Treats colleagues and partners with respect
- Responsibilities completed in an appropriate and timely manner
- Ability to communicate clearly through expression of facts and ideas
- Ability to identify and analyse problems
- Excellent business judgment
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- The role will occasionally require extended and weekend hours during peak seasons
- The role may require lifting, moving, pushing or pulling equipment or boxes in excess of 40lbs
- Should be able to handle outdoor temperatures for a reasonable period of time
- Must be able to travel extensively throughout Mexico
- Ability to work flexible hours to include nights, weekends and holidays is required
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.