Head of Operations – Harlequins
Founded in 1866, Harlequins is a rugby club that is recognised around the world. Harlequins is currently ranked among the best Premiership rugby clubs in this country and Europe. The Club is a founding member of the RFU and boasts more Presidents than any other club as well as a healthy dose of international players.
Success on the pitch demands even more success off it, so the Club is strengthening its Operations staff and is currently recruiting for a Head of Operations. This is an exciting role for an individual who wants the opportunity to help shape the Operations strategy of the Club in order to deliver world class Stadium operations as well as helping to maximise usage of the Twickenham Stoop Stadium.
- Leadership of the Operations and Ticketing Departments.
- Responsible for the facilities management contract at the Twickenham Stoop Stadium and Training facilities in Surrey Sports Park (SSP).
- Oversee the operational delivery of world class match days, other major events at the Stadium and corporate events.
- Oversee and enable the delivery of all non-rugby related bowl events – ensuring KPIs and targets are set and met with the event owner.
- Oversee the procurement and delivery of all operational contracts.
- Oversee the contracted relationships which relate to all Soft FM, including, but not exclusively, cleaning, security, general maintenance, ground pitch maintenance, event medical cover, stewarding and match day production.
- Accountable for operational compliance of the Stadium and SSP, during Business as Usual and events, including Premiership Rugby’s minimum standards.
- Manage day to day Health & Safety procedures for the stadium, offices and SSP and work closely with the Safety Officer and Safety team for all events.
- Work with ticketing partners to drive constant improvement and innovation in order to drive ticket sales and increase database.
- Oversee the mobilisation of a new ticketing system whilst delivering Business as Usual products such as Membership.
- Develop and maximise the ongoing relationship with our contracted service providers, especially, Compass, LSS and Nurture.
- Own and maintain a strong working relationship with the Emergency Services, Richmond Borough Council, Licencing Officers, Building Control and Safety.
- Oversee the local community strategy, including maintaining a close relationship with the RFU, PRL, local organisations and neighbours including Richmond Upon Thames College.
- Oversee the capital projects for the stadium and SSP ensuring projects are completed on time and within budgets.
- Responsible for submission of all planning and licensing applications.
- Drive cost efficiency through all operational contracts and aspects of delivery.
- Deliver on 5-year strategy against budget and create 5-year plan for capital projects to ensure stadium and training ground are maintained.
- Work with Catering team to drive operational efficiency and spend per head on matchdays.
- Manage the Clubs Sustainability policy.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable experience of delivering results in a competitive and high-pressured environment
- Proven experience in managing strong, individual personalities.
- Strong networking skills and experience.
- Proven experience managing and developing world class facilities.
- Proven success at building excellent business relationships and operating effectively as a member of a leadership team.
- Evidence of strong communications skills, decision-making capabilities and excellent negotiation skills with a proven track record of success.
- Strong financial literacy and proven budget management experience.
- Acts as a role model in embodying core club values and culture.
- Resilient and ability to adapt to changing business needs.
- Leadership – Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can access each person’s strength and use them to get the best out of the individual. Promotes confidence and optimistic attitude through inspiring and motivating the team.
- Interpersonal sensitivity – ability to work with a diverse group of individuals by displaying high emotional intelligence and collegiate behaviours.
- Quality orientation – Shows awareness of goals and standards. Follows through to ensure that quality and productivity standards are met.
- Initiative Taking – Takes action to achieve goals beyond what is expected; drives to bring issues to a successful closure; self-starter.
- Demonstrates Customer Focus – Commits to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Acts with customers and supporters in mind, and puts the importance of providing high-quality customer service at a paramount.
- Innovation – Able to approach and solve problems with fresh thinking and an open mind which reflects the courageous and innovative nature of the whole Club. Thinks outside of the box to remove roadblocks and develops exciting products.
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.