Head of Sales, China
Infront Sports & Media
Infront Sports & Media, based in Zug, Switzerland, is the world’s most respected full-service sports marketing company with a capacity for innovation that is helping to transform the industry. These innovations have enhanced every area of sports marketing, including distribution of rights, host broadcast, digital media and entertainment, programme production, event operations, brand development and sponsorship.
Infront group enjoys successful partnerships with almost 160 rights holders in more than 25 sports and hundreds of sponsor brands and media companies. It now has over 600 employees in more than 25 offices across 13 countries, including Austria, China, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Qatar, Singapore, Switzerland and Turkey as well as countries hosting a major sports event.
Infront Sports & Media in China
Infront China is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Infront Sports & Media. The company, based in Beijing, has rapidly become the leading sports marketing organization in China. With a staff of 50 specialists, the subsidiary offers a powerful combination of international expertise and local market knowledge. With the success of Happy 10K series, a mass participate running series fully owned and operated by Infront China, the company has also established itself as one of the key players in the field of endurance and mass participation sports.
FIBA, the International Basketball Association and Infront Sports & Media, announced in 2016 a long-term strategic partnership to drive FIBA’s marketing activities. For the period of four FIBA world Cup cycles up to 2033 Infront will be FIBA’s worldwide exclusive partner for the sale and marketing of the worldwide sponsorship and licensing rights across World Cups, Qualifiers, Continental Cups, and Youth World Championships. The partnership has seen the creation of FIBA Marketing a cooperation between FIBA and Infront team focused on supporting FIBA in developing awareness and value of national team basketball on a global basis.
Scope of work
- Responsible for driving revenues to reach and exceed sales targets through the sale of Infront sponsorship rights to brands within China and beyond
- Maintain a strong understanding of the Infront sponsorship portfolio and the benefits associated with varying properties
- Foster close relationships with decision makers from brands, agencies and influencers relevant for sponsorship sales
- Train, educate and lead a team of salespeople with specific property sales targets
- Ensure sales team has the appropriate knowledge, research and understanding of what brands are attempting to achieve through sports sponsorship
- Educate international colleagues and prepare, offer and deliver innovative sponsoring concepts relevant for Chinese brands
- Conceptualize, prospect, pursue, negotiate and sell sponsorship packages directly to brands and support sales team in their efforts to close partnerships
- Maintain a presence at key events to take care of existing sponsors, showcase the properties to current and potential clients, and supervise correct implementation of all contractual obligations
- Initiate cross-selling activities and regular coordination of sales approach with MMCC and other Infront divisions/subsidiaries
- Support Wanda Sports and Ironman sales efforts across the China
- Review sponsorship structures/programs to optimize sponsorship sales strategies
- Support Business Development division with accurate projections related to sponsorship value for potential rights within the region
- Track, share and acquire potential new business opportunities across the China market
- Support sales efforts to brands and rights holders of Infront digital platforms and assets
- Deliver a disciplined approach to sponsorship sales to maximize revenues
- Advanced education (university degree)
- Advanced education (university degree)
- At least 15 years of marketing sales/sponsorship sales experience in an international environment (sports or entertainment industry – agency, federation, club, league, media outlet, etc.)
- Broad network/portfolio of worldwide sponsorship contacts with in-depth relationships and direct access to decision-makers
- Strong understanding of sport sponsoring programs
- Broad experience and knowledge of sports federation, league, club and corporate dynamics
- Understanding and utilize technology and digital assets to assist selling partnership packages
Skill & competencies
- Highly motivated
- Leadership skills and talent to motivate team
- Capable of training and developing own resources and educating relevant colleagues in the area of sponsorship sales
- In-depth knowledge of the sports market and industry
- Ability to engage with C-level executives
- Strong presentation, communication and negotiation skills
- Team spirit and cooperation with international colleagues
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong attitude towards high quality, excellence in delivery and ‘client-first’ thinking (external & internal)
- Positive attitude towards Infront’s company values
- Willing to travel
- Available to work weekends
- Flexible work style
- Ability to evaluate situation quickly and take decisions
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Capable of adapting to ever changing environment
- Chinese and English fluent
- Additional languages are advantageous
Related departments & important external partner
- Headquarter: MMCC, Winter Sports, Summer Sports, Business Development, Digital
- Infront Subsidiaries
- Sales contacts/network, sales agents, rights holder relationships, leaders in market knowledge
An attractive salary package (base and bonus) commensurate with experience will be offered for the right candidate.
For a confidential discussion please contact:
Zhaolong Liang, Researcher
M: +86 17301268683 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
SRi is the exclusive recruitment partner for this assignment. With a single global team of consultants working from offices in Australia, Canada, China, Germany, Japan, Singapore, Switzerland, the UK and the USA, SRi is the leading provider of talent to the global sports industry.
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.