Division: Sales & Business Development
Reports to: VP, Strategic Partnerships
IMG is a global leader in sports, events, media and fashion, operating in more than 30 countries. The company represents and manages some of the world’s greatest sports figures and fashion icons; stages hundreds of live events and branded entertainment experiences annually; and is one of the largest independent producers and distributors of sports media. IMG also specializes in sports training; league development; and marketing, media and licensing for brands, sports organizations and collegiate institutions.
Be responsible for the selling and implementing of commercial programs, including event sponsorship, endorsements, promotions, contra opportunities and other activities that increase the profitability of the group and events and that contribute to business and individual sales budgets and KPIs.
Key Responsibility Areas
Secure Revenue Target
- Develop, create and sell commercial programs, sponsorship opportunities, contra offers and other activities that increase the profitability of key events and the IMG Group.
- Develop strategies and acquire new clients and revenue opportunities across IMG’s business units.
- Retain, manage and develop a portfolio of existing clients whilst maximising revenue opportunities across IMG’s business units.
- Coordinate sales and marketing efforts with various business units to execute sponsorship programs, including servicing of client base.
- Develop and assist with the development of ‘best practice’ across sales presentations and pitches. This requires understanding and implementation of compelling, factual, tailored documents and multimedia presentations.
- Prepare weekly sales activity planner and work-in-progress documentation.
- Prepare and present a quarterly report for mangement on sales / market activity
- Attend weekly / monthly or as directed sales / business meetings
Liaising / Communications
- Communicate in a productive / co-operative manner with all staff including the Managing Director and other IMG personnel including marketing, hospitality, legal, accounting and support staff.
- Represent IMG to the highest professional standard at all times, with internal & external clients and stakeholders.
- Take active role in the ongoing sales direction, strategy and focus for individual business units as directed from time to time.
- Liaise with business unit director to support above as required.
- Develop a meaningful presence in the corporate sponsorship landscape.
- Develop a strong understanding of corporate sponsorship spend.
- Build enduring relationships with key corporate executives that influence marketing spend.
Role Key Performance Indicators
- Reach pre-determined individual sales budget that contributes to IMG revenue base across a range of IMG’s business units.
- Achieve a number of sales across a range of financial bandwidths.
- Retain and enhance revenue opportunities with pre-existing account clients.
- Develop new client revenue.
- Operate as a cohesive and valued member of the business development team.
- Add value to IMG’s internal and external communications.
- Be a strong culture driver.
- Report in a timely and accurate fashion as directed.
- Achievement of budgeted sales levels.
- Achievement of new business development.
- Effectiveness of communication with internal and external clients / stakeholders.
- Contribution to the overall group direction and performance.
Qualifications and Experience
- 4-6 years experience in the sales & marketing/business development industry (ideally from sport / media).
- Demonstrated ability to sell to and exceed set financial targets.
- Strong understanding of brand & communications / marketing mix and sponsorship market.
- Marketing qualifications preferred, not essential.
- Exceptional written and oral communication / presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated planning and follow-through capabilities.
- Computer literacy for copy writing for presentations, spreadsheets, budgets and marketing reports.
- Multi-tasking with exceptional organisation and high attention to detail.
SRi is the leading firm dedicated to the constant and growing demand for executive and management talent in sports, media and entertainment. Our expert advisers provide search and consulting services operating as a global team, combining deep sector knowledge with world-class and cutting-edge talent acquisition and management practice.
With offices in Australia, Canada, China, Germany, Singapore, Switzerland, the UK, and the USA, we are the largest search firm specialising in sports, media and entertainment.
Please contact Josie Lahey firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Resumes and detailed cover letters must be sent in Word format by 30 January 2018.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.