International Sales Manager – Helmet – Alpinestars
Established in 1963, Alpinestars has grown into the world-leading manufacturer of motorcycling and auto apparel products, offering high-performance equipment, protection and technical footwear for motorsports and racing’s extreme conditions, and sportswear. Its involvement in Formula 1, the World Rally Championship, AMA and World Motocross and MotoGP has led to the creation of advanced technical equipment for racing’s top athletes. Alpinestars’ products are developed by a large international staff with auto racing and motorcycling backgrounds at the company’s laboratories in the U.S. (Los Angeles) and Europe (Asolo, Italy).
To exceed the needs of racers and consumers around the world, Alpinestars utilizes the latest technologies for superior product development.
For those who live and breathe MotoGP racing and Supercross, Formula 1 or Nascar or Mountain biking, Alpinestars sportswear is a reflection of the high-performance athletes who wear it in competition and daily life.
You will be in charge of managing the Alpinestars helmet sales. In this important role, you will be responsible for providing training, motivation and leadership for the current field sales force, and recruiting as necessary to meet territory revenue and coverage objectives as the brand’s presence grows internationally.
- Achieve the Company’s strategic sales objectives for the division
- Provide sales motivation, training and leadership for the Auto field team
- Serve as management liaison to dealers, key customers, industry partners and national accounts
- Act as primary coordinator of information and performance between the corporate- based sales support groups (Dealer Sales Support, Inside Sales) and the field
- Ensure the achievement of Alpinestars sales objectives by managing field sales resources, sales channels and sales program initiatives
- Manage all activities of sales personnel, including establishment and implementation of sales business plans and on-going support for each sales territory
- Manage all aspects of employee performance, quarterly and annually, as well as the professional development of each sales representative in the field
- Travel on a regular basis with each sales representative in their respective territories to assist with business development
- Act as primary field liaison in assisting with the design and rollout of sales merchandising, processes and programs
- Utilize all sales reporting and sales management tools to achieve sales objectives in the most efficient manner possible
- Help develop the sales forecast (annual, quarterly, monthly), manage the team to meet or exceed regional sales budget and profitability goals
- Define and execute on quarterly and annual sales goals for each region
Experience and Skills:
- 7-10 years relevant experience in similar positions
- Minimum 2 years sales management experience
- University degree in a related discipline
- Retail and consumer products experience
- Familiarity with the motorsports industry (motocross and action sports apparel industry knowledge is a plus)
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to present concepts together with the ability to work as part of a team
- Propensity to relationship building and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders
- Enthusiasm and motivation with passion for motorsports
- Results-driven attitude with strong determination
- Time management capacity with ability to prioritize activities
- Flexibility and open mind with team-orientation
- Proficiency in MS office tools – Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook)
- Fluency in English
- The position is based in Asolo, Italy
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.