Commercial Coordinator Partnerships – Ironman
Scope of Assignment:
Ironman Oceania develops, owns and manages mass participation endurance sporting events throughout the Oceania Region.
Working within the Ironman Oceania Team, the Commercial Coordinator will be responsible for assisting with regular ongoing Partnership reporting requirements, as well as supporting the Australian Sales team by creating proposal documents and performing business intelligence work. In addition, the Commercial Coordinator will be responsible for securing Sponsorship revenue and Expo sales for a portfolio of events.
The Commercial Coordinator will:
- Prepare weekly detailed Partnership reports, and contribute Sales information to local and global Finance reports, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Perform Business Intelligence work- researching prospects and providing reports on category trends, sales leads, business contacts, and other relevant information as required.
- Prepare effective and creative Sales proposal documents in advance of Proposal meetings, for the Head of Partnerships and Commercial Sales Manager, to attract new partners.
- Identify, attract and secure Expo exhibitors for Expos held at events in the region.
- Proactively work to identify, attract and assist in securing Sponsorship revenue.
Support and perform other tasks for the Partnerships team as required and requested.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a Sales/ Business Intelligence/ Sponsorship or related role.
- Excellent analytical skills and written/ report-writing ability.
- A high level of computer skills in the Microsoft office suite- especially in PowerPoint and Excel.
- Tertiary qualifications in Event Management or a related degree would be advantageous.
- A self-starter, motivated, pro-active and able to use initiative to get things done.
- Proven ability to multi-task, work under pressure and within required deadlines.
- Excellent organisational skills, time management and attention to detail.
- Professional, enthusiastic, personable and able to work well with other team members.
- An interest in sports and experience in participating in sports events, would be advantageous.
- Your will report to the Head of Partnerships, Ironman Oceania
- You will be working within the Ironman Oceania Commercial Department
- You will also be working alongside the Marketing, Operations and Athlete Services Teams
- You will be supported by management
Base of Operation:
- Located at Ironman Melbourne Office (South Melbourne) but may be required from time to time to work from different locations.
- This is a full-time permanent position.
Regular office hours are 8.30am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
SRi is the leading firm dedicated to the constant and growing demand for executive and management talent in sports, media and entertainment. Our expert advisers provide search and consulting services operating as a global team, combining deep sector knowledge with world-class and cutting-edge talent acquisition and management practice.
With offices in Australia, Canada, China, Germany, Singapore, Switzerland, the UK, and the USA, we are the largest search firm specialising in sports, media and entertainment.
Please contact James Curtis email@example.com or 0451 942 070 for further information.
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Resumes and detailed cover letters must be sent in Word format.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.