Key Account Manager (E-commerce)
Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation
Our client is the name behind some of the world’s best sports, outdoor and fashion brands.
They own a portfolio of sports and fashion brands along with their licensed businesses, creating a vast and varied portfolio of products.
They’re a third-generation, family-owned business – and retain strong family values. This year the Great Place to Work® Institute recognised this company the 11th Best Workplace in the UK and the 16th Best Workplace in Europe. With their global headquarters is in the UK, they employ 2,000 people across 20 countries around the world.
This commercial sales role within the UK Footwear Commercial Team will support our clients strategy in delivering breakthrough results & performance within their E-commerce channel. This role will ensure the customer plan is delivered working closely with key functions of S&P, Marketing, Customer Finance and Product Management, licensing management both internally and externally. Working across assigned footwear brands this role is responsible for delivery of sales, profit, efficiency targets, execution of initiatives and brand presence to agreed KPI’s of their annual business plan.
The role will allow them to build a long term, sustainable, harmonious and profitable business within this key channel across their portfolio of footwear brands and effectively design and deliver joint business plans to grow faster.
- Responsibility for footwear brands within this defined channel and number of key accounts.
- Accountability for the sales, profit, brand presence and KPIs of the brands business within the said defined channel and number of Key Accounts.
- Execution of joint business plans (1-3 years) including conditional commercial agreements aligned to their ambitious growth plans, and leveraging value from these plans & agreements to deploy brand propositions and drive consumer experience.
- Organise and undertake quarterly business reviews (externally) and monthly business reviews (internally) to maintain focus and ensure all possible steps are being taken by all stakeholders and contributors to deliver against the plan.
- Work closely with both local UK marketing and our clients Consumer Function to win with the shopper at point of purchase by owning space and growing market share, thus ensuring both Mental and Physical availability of brands and products, creating desire and sell through.
- Practising true account penetration within each account, across, buying, merchandising, marketing, distribution and creative departments, building trusting relationships with all appropriate personnel to develop and understand their business needs whilst communicating the objectives of the companies brands footwear.
- Manage the sell-in process of footwear brands ensuring delivery of key propositions through the persuasive selling framework and an emphasis on thorough preparation, an excellent understanding of customer needs and a focus of achieving clear goals.
- To take overall responsibility for and analysis of sell-in, sell out, stock turn and order book management including overdue order book, customer marketing plan and all assigned KPI’s.
Qualifications & Skills
Needs to have
- Proven track record of managing and delivering results as a Key Account Manager
- Ability to build a persuasive selling story
- Experience of negotiation
- Strong Influencing skills – ability to influence internally and externally
- Commercial acumen – Understanding of broader business financial principles and how to manage profitability to achieve financial gains
- Shopper/category management understanding/experience
- Ability to utilise market / industry / competitor insight to challenge and influence our category / channel / regional strategies and execute consumer focused propositions with customers
- Ability to analyse, spot trends and build a compelling commercial argument
- Experience of working in a multi-functional team & working in a matrix environment to deliver results
- Experience of delivering robust brand activation plans within a customer
- Strong communication skills both internally & externally to manage multiple stakeholders
- Strong planning and organisational skills with ability to manage and deliver multiple projects
- Knowledge and understanding of competition law
- Prepared to travel UK (primarily) as required by the role
- Previous line management experience (advantageous but not essential)
Needs to be
- An ambassador for our clients brands across the footwear divisions, role modelling the organisational values
- Demonstrates a passion for bringing the voice of the customer in to the business
- Confident, professional and articulate
- Challenge and recommend new ideas and be willing to take risks to drive strategies and efficiencies
- Highly numerate, analytical and comfortable using data and insight to inform thinking and build compelling relevant commercial arguments
- High tenacity & passion to achieve via influence
- Pro-active, exceptionally well organised and able to prioritise behind areas adding greatest value
- Able to work both independently as well as being a great team player
- Seeks collaboration across cultures, brands and functions to deliver results
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Able to liaise and influence with people at all levels
- Ability to build partnership and trust with a customer/mother brand partner
- Solution mind-set
- Flexible in approach and ‘can do’ attitude
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.