Kit and Equipment Assistant
Our client a London based Premier League Football Club are seeking a Kit and Equipment Technician to join their team.
Preparing match kit for 1st team when required, along with training kits on a daily basis. Travelling to domestic and European locations, pre-season tours to assist with team. Being responsible for equipment, footballs on trips home and abroad. Reporting to Head of Department on day to day issues and procedures that may occur. Being flexible within department.
- Ensuring players/staff training kit is available at all times of a high standard.
- Travelling to fixtures, ensuring the team has everything in place allowing them to focus on team matters.
- Preparing players boots for match days.
- All kit packed for tours/matches worked of check list provided for kit team.
- Supporting coaching staff with daily outfield training sessions.
- Preparing new season kit liaising with warehouse and Head of Department.
- Being flexible and learning all roles within the department.
- Scanning deliveries, new stock onto system, and also scanning stock off system when going into circulation.
- Printing players/staff match and training kits.
- Wearing safety clothing provided.
- Regular stock control.
- Sweeps of training centre for missing kit, footballs, equipment.
- Dressing rooms are kept to a high standard, checking for damage.
- All signing in/out sheets are compiled daily.
- Reliable with good time keeping.
- Wears club uniform at all times.
- Collecting parcels from reception for players, logging and getting signed for.
- Distributions of travel wear to players/staff.
- Liaise with football administration regarding kit colours.
- Compliance with Club policies
- Compliance with the Club’s health and safety procedures
- To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably expected
- To maintain professional conduct at all times
- Reporting to Head of Department, ensuring all procedures are kept to.
- Liaising with warehouse regarding deliveries/stock.
- Speaking with coaching staff/medical/analyst regarding training requirements, for match days, tours.
- Security on any day to day issues.
- Warehouse on deliveries.
- Catering regarding clothing which is cleaned with dry cleaners.
Scope of Job
- Ensuring all training kit is organized and quality checked before kit is put out for daily wear.
- Responsible for managing stock in print room liaising with warehouse.
- Preparing in advance for domestic fixtures, tours and training also ensuring equipment is available to be transported.
- Thinking ahead for all competitions, ensuring correct clothing, footballs are available.
- Regular vehicle checks when travelling to ensure for your safety and vehicle is road worthy.
- Being flexible within department ensuring everybody can cover some body’s job should they be on holiday or sick.
Skills and Qualifications
- Working to deadlines, being organized, and understanding club procedures.
- To speak English, Full UK driving license.
- Flexible, able to work long hours, endurance.
- Being a team player following and understanding instructions.
- Compiling stock figures.
- Understanding football environment.
- To have GCSE in English & Maths.
- Having used Priam for scanning stock.
- To speak 2nd language.
- Physically fit for manual handling.
- 1-2 years in football industry.
- First Aid, Health & Safety knowledge, Manual Handling, Fire Marshall.
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.