Live Scoring Services Coordinator – ITF
The International Tennis Federation (ITF) is the world governing body of tennis. With its main office in Roehampton, it is one of the few truly global sports with 205 member nations. Its key objectives are to;
- grow and develop the sport worldwide
- develop the game at all levels and all players
- promote its International Team and Individual events throughout the World
- ensure that the rules and integrity of the game are upheld at all times.
Its main commercial activity is the organisation of the International Team competitions within tennis, the Davis Cup and Fed Cup, but also the management of other team events and tournaments, both professional and non-professional, and also the general administration of the game.
The Coordinator works with the Project Lead to ensure the successful delivery of the live scoring service. Key responsibilities include providing pre- and during-tournament support to multiple stakeholders, coordinating international distribution of the scoring hardware and assisting with the improvement and testing of scoring software.
The successful candidate will demonstrate good organisational, trouble-shooting and customer service/communication skills. An understanding of tennis officiating procedures would be beneficial and additional languages would be useful but not essential. The role requires occasional (scheduled) weekend work and occasional international travel may also be necessary.
- Point of contact for National Associations, Tournament Directors, Officials and Official Data Partner (Sportradar) operations personnel on a day-to-day basis.
- Deal with stakeholder enquiries and resolve issues as necessary.
- Carry out all necessary project administration, including testing of live scoring hand- held devices, device distribution (logistics) and maintenance, logistics partner account management.
- Create and coordinate distribution of officials’ training materials, including online training; monitor training progress and review materials as necessary.
- Source and procure supplies for successful delivery of the live scoring service.
- Work closely with the Project Leader and department personnel on calendar scheduling matters.
- Website maintenance, including updating the available materials and information, posting important information, etc.
- Maintain accurate indicator records (number of tournaments covered, match scoring statistics, officials’ progress, etc.); provide feedback to stakeholders.
- Work closely with the Project Leader to ensure that project-related or departmental activities are automated wherever possible and practical.
- Work closely with the Project Leader and Sportradar to further develop and test the Media Platform (location of live scores on ITF website).
- Develop a good operational understanding of the ITF’s tournament management system software.
- Rules and Regulations: assist with the updating and timely production of the Rules and Regulations of the ITF Pro Circuit and other related documents.
- Budget: assist with the preparation of the figures of the annual department budget and closely monitor activity related to expenditure throughout the year.
- Assist with the preparation of presentations, papers, statistics or reports for ITF Board, AGM, Committees and other major meetings, and attend if required.
- Special Projects: undertake special projects as determined and assigned on an individual basis by the Executive Director, ITF Circuits or the Project Leaders.
Qualifications & Skills
- Outstanding administration, organisational and planning skills
- Ability to deliver work within agreed deadlines and on budget
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English; additional languages preferable but not essential
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft packages, the internet and other digital technology, e.g. smartphones
- Team player with a strong eye for detail
- Flexibility (the role may require some weekend work and some international travel)
- Knowledge of tennis (desirable)
- Knowledge of website content creation and management (desirable)
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.