Manager, Performance Nutrition- UFC Shanghai PI
POSITION TITLE: Manager, Performance Nutrition
COMPANY: Zuffa, LLC
DEPARTMENT: UFC Performance Institute – Shanghai
REPORTS TO: Director, Performance – UFC Performance Institute – Shanghai
At the UFC Performance Institute (UFC PI) we deliver performance-impacting physical preparation, sport science, and medical services to the world’s best MMA and combat athletes. Our core values are aligned to maximizing the health & wellbeing of UFC athletes, and to support athletes and coaches optimize their training, preparation, and ultimately performances in the octagon.
Aligned with the overall strategy of the UFC and the UFC Performance Institute (UFC PI) the Manager of Nutrition will be responsible for providing elite level performance nutrition support services to the athletes in the UFC PI – Shanghai. Additionally, this role will collaborate to develop best in class performance nutrition and weight management guidelines for MMA athletes.
- Work with the Director of Performance – UFC PI – Shanghai to develop, implement and monitor innovative and evidence-based practical nutrition strategies tailored to the requirements of world-class MMA fighters.
- Deliver individual and group nutrition consultation sessions to world-class MMA fighters.
- Actively promote the importance of food to enhance performance.
- Coach athletes through longitudinal weight management, weight classification strategies, and weight cutting for the sport of mixed martial arts.
- Engage with and support continuous athlete education relating to anti-doping and USADA testing procedures.
- Develop third-party consultant relationships and form strategic partnerships with industry leaders in performance nutrition and dietary supplementation.
- Develop and implement support systems to aid in athlete assessments, data collection and management.
- Undertake physiological assessments relating to performance nutrition; including DEXA, basal metabolic rate (BMR), and hydration monitoring.
- Strive to develop novel and innovative methodologies that serve to create world-leading working practices in the field of MMA-specific to nutrition.
- Ensure that the delivery of nutrition services effectively meets its commitment to athletes and coaches.
- Manage food service both via the UFCPI fueling station and in association with the on-site kitchen.
- Maintain a comprehensive, indexed database of work conducted with athletes and coaches.
- Work with other support staff to deliver an interdisciplinary approach to performance development.
- Participate in ad hoc projects and or applied research across the organization as appropriate.
- Within the rules of professional confidentiality, liase with athletes, primary care managers, coaches and other support staff as appropriate.
Skills & Experience:
- Post Graduate Degree in Exercise Science or other related curriculum required.
- 3+ years of experience in science, research, and sport nutrition fields.
- Practicing Registered Dietician (RD) or equivalent.
- Previous experience working effectively in a high-performance environment with elite athletes and coaches.
- Personal or professional experience in combat or contact sport is preferred, but not required.
- Understanding of the demands of the MMA sport (i.e. physical, physiology, gender-specific, weight categories, weight management, travel requirements, etc.).
- Understanding of existing evidence-based research, and the implementation of new research areas to enhance the sport, athletes, and coaches.
SRi is proud to be the exclusive partner in this search with UFC.
For a confidential discussion about this role, please contact:
t: +86 189 1025 1737