Manager, Physical Therapy – UFC Shanghai PI
POSITION TITLE: Manager, Physical Therapy
COMPANY: Zuffa, LLC
DEPARTMENT: UFC Performance Institute – Shanghai
REPORTS TO: Director, Performance – UFC Performance Institute – Shanghai
At the UFC Performance Institute (UFC PI) we deliver performance-impacting physical preparation, sport science, and medical services to the world’s best MMA and combat athletes. Our core values are aligned to maximizing the health & wellbeing of UFC athletes, and to support athletes and coaches optimize their training, preparation, and ultimately performances in the octagon.
Aligned with the overall strategy of the UFC and the UFC Performance Institute (UFC PI) the Manager of Physical Therapy will be responsible for providing elite level physical therapy services to the athletes in the UFC PI – Shanghai. Additionally, this role will collaborate to develop best in class injury prevention, rehabilitation guidelines and return to play protocols for MMA athletes.
- Provision of elite level sports physical therapy services including evaluations, program planning and treatments that include manual, myofascial, modality and therapeutic exercise interventions.
- Integration of physical therapy services into a multi-disciplinary model of care that includes strength and conditioning, nutrition and mental services. Participates in -establishing physical therapy care guidelines and return to play protocols.
- Participates, and assists in the development of support systems to aid in athlete assessments, and data collection and management.
- Cultivates relationships with athletes, coaches, and gyms to distribute evidence-based relevant information.
- Participates in on-going training with athletes, coaches, and UFC PI staff members to ensure continued professional development and adherence to professional codes of conduct.
- Performs other tasks, projects, and responsibilities as requested by the Director of Physical Therapy to establish a world class performance facility.
Skills & Experience:
- Post Graduate Degree in Physical Therapy required.
- 3+ years of working with professional, high level collegiate/amateur or tactical athletes in an integrated performance environment preferred.
- Current physical therapy licensure in good standing within China preferred or demonstrate ability to obtain licensure required.
- Awareness and proven ability to effectively collaborate with strength & conditioning staff on both prevention, rehabilitation and return to performance efforts.
- Credentials focused on sport performance and sport rehab such as SCS, CSCS and ATC are highly preferred.
- Certifications in manual physical therapy and soft tissue/myofascial techniques are highly preferred
- Professional experience in contact sports required, combat sports preferred.
- Understanding of the demands of the MMA sport (i.e. physical, physiology, gender-specific, weight categories, weight management, travel requirements, etc.).
- Understanding of existing evidence-based research, and the implementation of new research areas to enhance the sport, athletes, and coaches.
SRi is proud to be the exclusive partner in this search with UFC.
For a confidential discussion about this role, please contact:
t: +86 189 1025 1737